Amazon Web Services System Dev Engineer, SAP in Seattle, Washington
Are you looking for an opportunity to use your deep SAP experience to help grow the most successful cloud business in the world? The Amazon EC2 SAP team is looking for SAP experts to help us accelerate adoption of SAP on AWS.
As the right candidate, you will possess advance technical infrastructure skills and understand common infrastructure deployment models for SAP. You can demonstrate knowledge in architecture, deployment, and operation of SAP solutions on AWS. You also have customer facing skills that will enable you to represent AWS well, not only to customers but to the broader SAP community including SAP partners, developers, & architects. You should also be passionate about and have experience with automating software deployments and operations leveraging Bash, Python, PowerShell, etc. The ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges is extremely beneficial in this role. You will work directly with AWS engineering and product management to build products and services related to SAP.
This position is based in Seattle, WA
Your role includes:
• Partnering with software development and design teams to deliver on product and services roadmap
• Development of rapid implementation packages or tailored AWS tooling for SAP.
• Creation of cloud operations guidelines for SAP (e.g HA, DR, regulatory environments, GDPR, CI/CD).
• Identification, development, test and ownership of SAP-AWS best-practices.
• Collaborating across AWS services teams to make AWS the best platform for SAP workloads.
• Joint-debugging and solving of live customer problems together with engineering and support teams.
• Performance testing and/or benchmarking of AWS infrastructure for SAP and driving continuous improvements
• Developing and writing SAP on AWS related documentation.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Inclusive Team Culture Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust. Work/Life Balance Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives. Mentorship & Career Growth Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future
· 4+ years of professional software development experience.
· 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as C++, C#, Java, Python, Golang, PowerShell, Ruby
· 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· 8+ years of IT development or implementation/consulting experience in the software or Internet industries and an understanding of SAP applications and security.
· 6+ years of consulting or implementation experience, integrating SAP solutions (on premise or cloud) with digital technologies.
· Experience and knowledge of SAP systems (like SAP Business Suite, SAP HANA, SAP Business Objects, SAP Mobility etc.) and their architecture and infrastructure needs.
· Understanding of integration patterns supported by SAP applications including ABAP native frameworks, SAP Gateway, OData and RFCs.
· Hands on experience in Integration tools and frameworks, security frameworks and data migrations.
· BS level technical degree or equivalent experience.
· Hands on experience in developing and delivering ERP solutions like SAP, SaaS applications like Salesforce, Workday etc., full stack custom development, Industry specific solutions etc.
· Working knowledge of any of the following - Relational and NoSQL databases, Cloud-native application development, Big data analytics, fundamentals of AWS Solutions, Server-less computing, Real-time streaming applications, Integration middleware, API Gateways, Mobile development, Internet of Things, Machine Learning.
• Advanced Degree in Computer Science or Math.
• Previous experience with Amazon Web Services and architecting SAP solutions on AWS.
• Experience with writing and publishing technical whitepapers.
• Experience with Shell scripting, Python, Ruby, Java, or other high-level programming language.
• Broad knowledge of the entire SAP platform stack.
• Past experience working directly in customer SAP implementations along with partners.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Web Services Jobs