Amazon Web Services Sr. Sourcing Manager, Cloud Infrastructure in Seattle, Washington
If you are an experienced technology sourcing professional with a passion for customers and hungry for driving change and impact at a Global scale you might be a fit for the Amazon Web Services (AWS) procurement team. Come armed with your knowledge for a position where you will own, build, and run technology sourcing and operations and engage with multiple stake holders to drive plans and execution to satisfy the demanding needs of a high growth industry impacting markets worldwide. If you thrive optimizing operations and driving results and want to be accountable for a significant impact and a once-in-a-life time professional opportunity, we have an opportunity for you.
AWS is the world’s leading and most trusted provider of virtualized public cloud utility services. We offer our global IT customer base who span private, corporate and government sectors, over 100 fully featured, integrated services in compute, storage, database, analytics, mobile, Internet of Things (IOT) and enterprise applications. AWS operates a worldwide fleet of interconnected enterprise data centers at hyperscale to deliver the capacity that powers our customers IT infrastructure which enables their ability to concentrate on core competencies through agility and operational efficiency. To learn more about AWS, visit https://aws.amazon.com
Key job responsibilities include:
· Create strategic sourcing plans and lead sourcing engagements in opportunity identification and RFQs
· Develop negotiation strategies to deliver against business objectives and achieve sustainable relationships with suppliers
· Drive supplier product technology roadmaps and execute strategic quality/availability/cost improvement initiatives.
· Analyze industry capacity to predict market constraints and execute sourcing strategies to secure continuity of supply and drive cost optimization.
· Develop and execute component vendor strategies in support of business requirements for AWS Server hardware.
· Successfully close complex negotiations including commercial terms, statements of work, SLAs, capacity, supply & pricing.
· Implement vendor performance controls and periodic executive level reviews to ensure sustained operational excellence.
· Bachelor’s or an advanced degree in supply chain, business, engineering, finance or related technical or quantitative field
· 3+ years or relevant work in strategic sourcing and supplier management in semiconductor, electronics, cloud infrastructure or other related field
· 5+ years experience in commodity management, contract negotiation, category sourcing or related supply chain experience
· 3+ years of experience with data analysis tools such as Excel, Pivot Tables, SQL, Tableau, etc..
· MBA and / or advanced engineering degree.
· 10+ years or relevant work of strategic sourcing in high tech electronics / computing / communications fields.
· Established senior level semiconductor packaging, assembly or component industry network.
· Technical acumen in semiconductor fabrication techniques, manufacturing processes, packaging techniques, statistical process control, and qualification/testing with the ability to connect to related business matters such as cost, manufacturing cycle time and yields.
· Broad supply chain experience with electronics industry new product development and supplier management.
· High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
· Excellent creative thinking skills with emphasis on developing innovative solutions to solve complex problems that may not have one clear answer
· Proven ability to communicate and influence executive leadership internally and externally.
· Experience managing external vendor C-level relationships with multi-million spend accounts.
· Experience leading agreement negotiations for complex, mission critical technology supplier deals.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong business, financial, legal acumen.
· High degree of business ethics, ownership and accountability.
· Strong negotiation skills
· Strong program management skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Web Services Jobs