Amazon Web Services Sr. Software Development Engineer, AWS Tagging in Seattle, Washington
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud provider–from infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databases–to emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. AWS Identity is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Identity is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Identity team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Security is the #1 concern for customers moving to the cloud and AWS is dedicated to providing security features our customers need, at scale.
The AWS Identity team owns and operates highly scalable, highly available distributed systems that are used by all AWS customers and internal service teams alike. We are pioneers in areas such as identity, access management, security and providing massively scaled, distributed platform capabilities to all of AWS. We enable our customers to control and secure the most sensitive data on the internet. We are building some of the largest and most complex distributed systems in the world, and we need brilliant engineering leaders to work with us on this new initiative!
We are building a new cloud platform that dramatically simplifies how enterprise customers manage and control access to their AWS resources. We are looking for a talented engineering leader who will be responsible for owning, driving and evangelizing this space focused on enabling customers to manage and secure their AWS workloads at scale.
We are looking for software engineers who are technically very strong with deep knowledge in web services, backend storage design, and distributed systems. The ideal candidate takes pride in tackling challenges, excels at working in an agile environment, and gets excited about owning the architecture of a set of critical platform services that serve customers globally every second of every day.
You will provide technical leadership to the team that owns design, implementation, testing, deployment, and operation of new global distributed systems that are core to all of AWS.
· Architecture, design, code ownership for long-term product strategy for AWS Authentication and Authorization services
· Development and operate low-latency, high-availability Authentication and Authorization services
· Ownership and continuous improvement of all operational metrics and automation tools for your team’s software
· Executing against project plans and delivery commitments
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Key job responsibilities
You will build, own, and operate foundational AWS services in the critical path of billions of API requests per-day. You'll need to be able to design and build extremely scalable services, capable of single digit millisecond latency. You'll release functionality used by every AWS service and their customers.
A day in the life
You’ll contribute to the resource property store allowing customers to authorize who can do what, organize their resources, and provide crisp usage and auditing reports across the billions of resources customers depend on. You'll solve problems at a scale that have never been tackled before.
About the team
We’re a part of AWS Identity and as a member of the AWS Tagging team, you’ll contribute to one of a handful of customer facing features every AWS service is required to support. Our scale is enormous, we handle billions of transactions per-day which helps authorize who can do what, filter their resources to drive automations, and provide crisp usage reports and auditing mechanisms across the millions of resources customers depend on.
· 8+ years of professional software development experience
· 6+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 4+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· BS in computer science or related field
· Strong fundamentals in data structures, algorithms and problem solving
· Knowledge of development, testing and operations in a service oriented architecture.
· MS/PhD in Computer Science or related field
· Knowledge of software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience in communicating with users, technical teams, and senior management to about requirements, product features and technical designs
· Proven track record of leading software projects and influencing engineering best practices within the team.
· Experience architecting systems on AWS platform
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Web Services Jobs