Amazon Web Services Sr. Software Development Engineer - AWS Automated Reasoning in Seattle, Washington
Each day, hundreds of thousands of developers make billions of transactions worldwide on AWS. Using automated reasoning technology and mathematical proofs, AWS allows customers to answer questions about security, availability, durability, and functional correctness. We call this provable security, absolute assurance in security of the cloud and in the cloud. (https://aws.amazon.com/security/provable-security/)
You will be part of a world-class team building the next generation of automated reasoning tools and services. In collaboration with Applied Scientists, engineers on our team work on some of the hardest computer science problems to build secure and scalable solutions that delight customers.
To be successful in the role, you must be able to research, innovate and create unique solutions. You will play a pivotal role in shaping the vision and development of services and features. There is no precedent to follow in this problem space, and you will be involved from inception to deployment and beyond.
In this role, you will:
· Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain innovative software solutions to transform service performance, durability, cost, and security
· Use software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all of the team deliverables
· Write high quality, scalable distributed system software
· Work in an agile, startup-like development environment, where you are always working on the most important stuff
· Mentor other engineers and model end-to-end ownership
· Work with the team to help drive business decisions
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud provider–from infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databases–to emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
· 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 4+ years of professional software development experience
· 2+ years of experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or related years of experience.
· Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related engineering degree
· Experience in architecting, developing and delivering large-scale highly available and fault-tolerant distributed systems
· Experience with Amazon Web Services
· Exposure to SMT/SAT solvers, formal verification, program analysis, constraint-solving, and theorem proving
· Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment
· Excellent written and verbal technical communication with an ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
· Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Web Services Jobs