Amazon Web Services Sr Mgr, Sales Onboarding, AWS Field Enablement in Seattle, Washington
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud (“cloud computing”). With AWS you can requisition compute power, storage, and many other services – gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud and is growing rapidly with hundreds of thousands of companies in over 190 countries on the platform.
World Wide Enablement Training and Communications are seeking an Onboarding Leader who has experience building and leading teams with strategic and operational capability. Onboarding is strategic to AWS because the new hire experience sets the tone and often determines employee satisfaction.
This team is responsible for building, delivering and measuring foundational onboarding across all roles in Sales and Marketing at AWS. The team will assess field sales, analyze data and develop insights to improve time to ramp. This team will build innovative learning content for new hire sales roles to prepare them to engage with AWS customers and prospects with the knowledge and confidence they need to earn trust. In this role, you will partner with field productivity teams located in geographies around the world and translate a set of diverse needs into an impactful learning experience for the seller. You will lead a team who deeply understands the Amazon Culture and AWS core field competencies and determine how these are woven into everything that we do. Your team will use quantitative and anecdotal data to prepare narratives on the key learnings, observations and make recommendations.
The successful candidate will combine their super power to dive deep with focus on the areas of greatest impact to deliver results. You have strong communication skills, ability to work cross functionally and deep understanding of how the field operates. In this role you will work with a broad set of stakeholders supporting the extended AWS sales organization, this is a hands-on position – and you are willing to “roll up the sleeves” and get things done.
Key job responsibilities
• Lead onboarding end to end to include strategy, content design, content build, testing, launch, delivery and reporting
• Hire and develop a high performing and connected team of Learning designers, facilitators and program managers.
• Listen to the geographies and incorporate their voice into our observations and recommendations
• Build and scale Onboarding content for all new hires for Onboarding (0-3 months). Inside each area, you will document what specific actions we expect them to take, provide them with a guideline on the mechanisms should they use, and how should they use them
• Define new metrics to measure onboarding progress and proficiency of the new hire and define new effectiveness metrics
• Build the narratives that describe business impact of onboarding and work with all academy leaders to determine recommendations to drive sales efficiency.
• Partner with leadership and resources in the geographies to understand their priorities and inform enablement and training content that goes into the field
• Experience building scalable end to end onboarding programs for field teams of 1,000 or more located around the world
• 8+ years experience in consulting, sales strategy, business development or program management in a mid-to-large scale company.
• Bachelor’s degree is required.
• 5+ years experience building large teams and developing talent
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills and ability to articulate complex concepts to cross-functional audiences.
• Excellent cross group collaboration skills and stakeholder management
• Highly organized and efficient in ambiguous situations.
• Deep expertise and familiarity with cloud computing products, services and sales strategies.
• Experience within a high-growth, Technology Company would be beneficial.
• Exhibits sound business judgment and has a proven ability to influence others.
• Be able to operate successfully in a rapidly changing environment.
• Able to create a vision and organization that can scale quickly.
• This position is located in Seattle offices or an Amazon hub location.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Web Services Jobs