Nordstrom Sr. Compliance Analyst in Seattle, Washington
The Compliance Analyst Senior is a key member of the Nordstrom compliance team, assessing the effectiveness of Nordstrom’s first line controls. The Compliance team is responsible for evaluating and reporting compliance with regulatory and legal requirements and internal policies, as well as the effectiveness of business management of operational and compliance and legal risks. To accomplish this, compliance analysts perform risk-based reviews of business processes and compliance and legal requirements. This role is essential for supporting the ongoing development, administration, and maintenance of our Compliance Management Program.
A day in the life…
· Perform self-assessments of varying complexities and scope by developing and applying knowledge of applicable laws and business operations
· Identify compliance, legal, and operational risk areas, and evaluate the level of associated risk
· Develop risk-based test plans for reviews of business processes
· Review and approve workpapers completed by analysts for accuracy, completeness, and clarity
· Perform business process and compliance requirement reviews of varying complexities and scopes
· Apply auditing practices when performing reviews, which include developing criteria and transactional testing techniques, reviewing and analyzing data and processes, and documenting and preparing work papers
· Communicate the results of reviews to various levels of leadership and staff via written reports and oral presentations
· Perform data queries and provide data and test sample analysis
· Identify and document issues and partner with management to make appropriate recommendations for corrective action
· Serve in a subject matter expert role for business processes, systems, and products to Legal and Compliance and other business partners
· Collaborate with various business stakeholders in implementing and maturing the Compliance Management Program
You own this if you have…
· 5+ years’ experience in compliance, legal, risk management, or audit experience
· BA/BS in Business Administration, Finance or mathematics related discipline
· Expert level skills in Microsoft Excel, developing reports and risk models
- Sufficient skills with SQL ad Business Intelligence (BI) tools, e.g. SAS Enterprise Guide or Tableau
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of Consumer Compliance laws and regulations applicable to the financial services or retail industry
· Strong attention to detail and the ability to apply technical, business and problem-solving skills to provide audit and consulting services
· Ability to multi-task and keep multiple projects and issues on track simultaneously
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
Life Insurance and Disability
Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com at http://www.nordstrom.com/ .
© 2020 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.
We’re a fast-moving fashion company that empowers our people to be innovative, creative and always focused on providing the best service to our customers. The retail industry is rapidly changing, and we have interesting, complex problems to solve every day – from developing cutting-edge technology and opening new stores, to designing fresh, must-have fashion.
Whether you’re a genius engineer, a phenomenal salesperson or a supply chain guru, we invite you to bring your unique talents and join our team. We’ve been on the Fortune™ 100 Best Places to Work list for more than 20 years because we reward great work, promote from within and celebrate diversity.
Our values are the core of who we are. They inspire our employees, delight our customers and bring our business to life every day.
We strive to know our customers better than anyone else. We listen, anticipate, build trust and move with speed to deliver on their needs.
OWNERS AT HEART
We treat every interaction as an opportunity to make an impact and deliver excellence.
CURIOUS AND EVER CHANGING
We approach problems with curiosity and create solutions. We unlock potential to be bold, think big and inspire innovation.
HERE TO WIN
We’re committed to delivering results, both today and tomorrow. We win as a team by supporting and challenging one another to be better every day.
WE EXTEND OURSELVES
We treat each other with respect and kindness. We do the small things that make a big difference. We create a welcoming environment, helping people feel connected, valued and part of one community.
Come on! Join us!