JPMorgan Chase Software Engineer - Cloud Platform in Seattle, Washington
The Chief Technology Office - Enterprise Architecture and Core Engineering department within JPMorgan Chase & Co. is responsible for the evolution of modern, efficient development practices and tooling for an optimal engineer experience.
This role forms part of the Chief Technology Office Cloud Services Group. This is an opportunity to join JP Morgan's Greenfield Cloud development team building products that will accelerate our journey to Public Cloud. Our team is responsible for making Public Cloud services available within the bank, leveraging native services from multiple cloud service providers to deploy scalable, secure and resilient products.
As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally.
You will play a critical role in the evolution of J.P. Morgan's cloud strategy. You are responsible for providing technical solutions, working with technical staff, and enabling our business and technology partners to succeed on the cloud. You love technology, enjoy working with highly technical engineers on complex problems, and value continuous learning. As a technical expert with an entrepreneurial drive and passion for strong collaboration, you are able to balance business, user and security needs with technical constraints.
• Solving the companies most challenging cloud problems by building innovative technical solutions.
• Focus on automation as first class operating model to ensure stability and velocity during development.
• Implement acceptance tests to ensure the product meets the business goal and specification.
• Create efficient integrations between on-premises enterprise systems and cloud provider services.
• Work with customers to provide in-depth technology solutions to their business problems.
• Lead, coach and mentor the organization with practical examples, hands-on workshops and papers.
Skills & Experience
• 5+ Years of significant programming experience in one or more of the following: Java, Python or Go
• 3+ Years of experience designing, developing, or maintaining production-grade cloud solutions in Cloud ecosystems such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform
• A systems thinker with hands-on experience with Lean and Agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban
• BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
Technical experience in:
• Web Scalability - Highly available architectures - load balancing, scale out
• Messaging middleware - application interoperability - ActiveMQ, MQ Series, SQS
• Storage technologies - object and block storage
• Database - SQL and NoSQL e.g. DynamoDB, Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server
• CI / CD pipelines and tool sets
• Networking - TCP/IP, DNS, Firewalls
• OS - Linux (RHEL)
• Cyber security fundamentals and working knowledge
• Testing - xUnit, FitNesse, CucumberJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- JPMorgan Chase Jobs