Amazon Web Services Software Development Engineer in Seattle, Washington
Amazon Web Services is looking for Software Development Engineers to help build and maintain new networking solutions/platforms for AWS Networking that powers the world's largest Cloud Network. You will join a team of engineers developing embedded platforms that enable one of the world's largest and complex networks. With Amazon Web Services (http://aws.amazon.com), our goal is to become The Infrastructure Platform to the world. Our customers demand the highest quality and reliability for their services. As we expand at a tremendous rate, we look for innovative ways to build, automate and scale our network, and are responsible for providing significantly improved performance, reliability, control, and visibility for Amazon's global network.
We are seeking engineers with a demonstrated track record of designing and implementing Linux-based solutions on embedded devices, ideally for networking products. We want people who are passionate about changing the way data center networking is done. The platforms team is focused on building a portfolio of reliable networking devices that are the building blocks of the Amazon network. As a software technical leader of this team, you will dive deep to understand Amazon's network architecture, it's operation and security.You will partner with network engineering, software and hardware team members and other AWS service teams to develop the embedded software for our networking switches and routers.
Why would you want to work on network devices for Amazon?
· We have some of the largest data center networks in the world and we don't stop growing.
· Because we own both the network and the devices, we can innovate in a way that others cannot.
· Very large impact: everything AWS does is built on networks using these devices.
· You like to get stuff done: we have a lot to do, with many opportunities to deliver.
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
· Must have a BS/MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field and 3+ years relevant experience
· Software development and debugging skill with C, C++ or any modern programming language
· 2+ years experience with board bringup, platform infrastructure software
· Experience developing software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
· Proven ability to drive a subsystem or product to completion
· Expertise in solving non-trivial embedded problems under time pressure
· Expertise in the design and implementation of subsystem tests
· Ability to drive progress in the absence of top level requirements
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
· Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
· Results oriented, high energy, self-motivated
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Web Services Jobs