Amazon Web Services Software Development Engineer in Seattle, Washington
AWS CloudFormation provides an easy declarative way to create, deploy and manage applications and infrastructure in the AWS cloud. The CloudFormation teams are pioneers in the “Infrastructure as Code” space. We develop distributed systems that spin up infrastructure across AWS at unprecedented scale. This would have an impact in shaping our resource framework that allows CloudFormation to provision hundreds of AWS services. We are looking for full stack developers to join our amazing team, who excel in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment where we love pushing the boundaries to innovate, learn while we design and develop new software.
Key job responsibilities
You’ll get to learn, grow and work with amazing team to:
· Design/develop/iterate developer tools and services that are used by thousands of AWS users.
· Work with and learn many different technologies every day including Java, REST, Go, Python etc..,
· Deeply own the full stack and entire lifecycle of our products, from the roadmap to the design/architecture to implementation and continuous iterative development and deployment of both services and web apps.
· Interface closely with internal and external customers to quickly drive new products and new features.
As a key developer on the team, you will help design and implement core components that contribute to our open source ecosystem for CloudFormation CLI experiences. This opportunity will enable you as a conduit to innovate on CLI experiences with rest of the open source community and take things to achieve greater goals and heights
About the team
The CloudFormation team values work-life balance. Most days, our entire team is co-located in the Seattle office, but we’re also flexible when people occasionally need to work from home. We generally keep core in-office hours from 10am to 5pm. About half of us come in earlier and the other half of us stay later. We are builder-operators of our services at AWS and have an on-call rotation where you’ll participate once every 5-6 weeks. We work together to reduce our on-call load by ensuring that our systems are fault tolerant, and resolve the root cause of an issue so that we don’t get paged for the same issue twice.
This position involves on-call responsibilities typically 2 weeks (one week as Primary and another week as Secondary) for every 2 months. We work diligently to ensure our systems are fault tolerant. When we get paged, we work together to resolve root cause so that we don’t get paged for the same issue twice.
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science related fields
· 2 years of experience delivering production quality software, building customer and developer facing products and services
· Experience in taking a lead role developing complex software that have successfully been delivered to customers
· Knowledge of the syntax of languages such as Java, C/C++ or Python.
· Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals such as object-oriented design, algorithm design, data structures, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
· Experience working in a DevOps environment
· Experience with AWS CloudFormation
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Web Services Jobs