Amazon Web Services Software Development Engineer, AWS Lambda in Seattle, Washington
Are you excited by the prospect of solving some of the hardest and most valued technical challenges of cloud computing?
Do you want to be involved in the future of cloud computing?
Come Join us at Lambda VPC team to make AWS Lambda the most successful computing platform on the planet?
AWS Lambda is a fast growing serverless service that is becoming the default compute infrastructure for a wide range of applications (https://aws.amazon.com/lambda). Lambda functions offer customer a "serverless" way to create applications, an approach that lets customers turn business logic and application code into scalable, fault-tolerant production systems without requiring every developer to become an expert in distributed systems, deployment technologies, and infrastructure management.
The AWS Lambda VPC team is looking for software engineers who have a passion for diving deep while also being able to see the big picture. Our team owns the software and services that enable Lambda to securely and efficiently execute customer provided code across tens of millions of containers using AWS Firecracker microVM architecture. This role would involve being part of the team that owns building, scaling, and maintaining high performance software to streamline the management of 10s of millions of containers.
If you are a Software Engineer with a strong coding background and a passion for distributed systems, then this is your opportunity to own major deliverables and all aspects of the development cycle: scoping, design, implementation, and testing. You will be encouraged to exercise your judgment in proactively determining and recommending the best features, designs, and support models based on business objectives, timelines, and resource constraints.
What makes this team a great place to work?
· Core Lambda VPC Team - Our services underpin the fabric of the AWS Lambda. You have the opportunity to make a large impact and drive the road map for the Serverless computing
· Direct Customer Contact – The Amazon way is to maintain and enhance what you build. This gives you the opportunity to work directly with customers to understand and guide their needs
· Scale New Heights - With cloud adoption accelerating, we are challenged with fun, complex problems to think about scale and grow the service to meet ever increasing demands
Job location is Seattle, WA. Domestic relocation assistance available.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· Bachelor's degree in computer science related fields OR 1+ years equivalent experience in software development
4+ years of relevant industry work experience
· Experience in building large scale, low latency, fault-tolerant distributed systems
· Strong hands-on ability to write secure, reliable & maintainable code in Go, Rust, Java, or C+· Deep knowledge and experience with algorithms, design, data structures, and problem solving
· Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility trade-offs
· Excellent communication skills with ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment.
· Experience with Linux operating system and networking technologies is a plus
· Graduate degree (MS/PhD) in Computer Sciences or related technical field is a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Web Services Jobs