Amazon Web Services Software Dev Engineer, AWS QuickSight in Seattle, Washington
Amazon Web Services (AWS) QuickSight is looking to hire talented software development engineer to build world class experiences and services for our customers. AWS QuickSight is a fast, easy-to-use cloud-based, serverless Business Intelligence (BI) service designed for easy deployment to tens of thousands of users. As a fully-managed SaaS application, there’s no need to buy, manage and scale servers and no software to deploy and upgrade. QuickSight is deeply integrated with AWS data sources, allowing companies to deploy secure and scalable BI with their data on AWS.
In this role, you will be spearheading a revolutionary new initiative to automate BI-as-code. You will build backend services, CICD automation and tools for developers in their build and release process. The ideal candidate will bring deep technical and leadership experience to drive innovative design and architecture decisions that impact long term vision. The decisions are crucial in how the customers around the world analyze and visualize data. If this sounds like a project you’ve been working towards and would like to deliver, please contact us today, and let’s talk about how you can be a part of it.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Key job responsibilities
· Translate functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture/design/working software solutions by working with PM, UX designers, and customers.
· Code and test system components; participate in code and design reviews.
· Demonstrate ownership of end-to-end code quality, system tests, functional tests, and integration.
· Partner/Collaborate across teams/roles to deliver results.
· Be responsible for overall system architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance.
· Mentor other engineers, define the technical culture, and help grow the team.
About the team
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life.
Additionally, the team has a broad mix of experience levels and tenures. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
· 5+ years professional experience in software development
· Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C, or C++.
· 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· Experience developing complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
· Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
· Strong sense of collaboration, ownership, urgency, and drive
· Experience delivering and operating large scale, highly available distributed systems.
· Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
· Masters or PhD in Computer Science a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Web Services Jobs