City of Seattle Service Desk Analyst in Seattle, Washington
Department Overview: The City of Seattle is seeking qualified candidates for an opportunity for the position of Service Desk Analyst in Seattle Information Technology's Engineering & Operations Division. Seattle IT provides technology leadership for the City enterprise, developing common standards, architectures, and business solutions; focused on developing scalable, sustainable solutions that enable departments to deliver City services more efficiently and effectively to constituents. Seattle IT harnesses the power of technology and telecommunications to facilitate City government serving Seattle's residents and businesses. Seattle IT is responsible for citywide technology governance, strategic planning and policy development, and programs that promote technology literacy and public access to government information. The City's consolidated IT operations is 700 strong providing professional technology services across City government and beyond. We are looking for a talented professional who has a passion for service, community, and technology to join our exciting team!
Part Time; 20/hours/week; 7:00a m-11:00 am; Monday-Friday
Position Overview: This position is a member of the Service Desk team within the Customer Support unit under the Engineering & Operations Division in Seattle IT. The Service Desk is the customer facing team of Seattle IT and provides daily technical support to internal employees across the city. This position will report to the Service Desk Supervisor.
As a member of the Seattle IT Service Desk support team, you will act as the main focal point for the IT Service Desk and provide tier one technical support with a high level of customer satisfaction to citywide employees. The Service Desk Analyst provides support for technical incident resolution and requests reported to the service desk. Responsibilities include initial assessment, triage, documentation, research, and resolution of incidents and requests regarding the use of application software products and/or client infrastructure components. The Service Desk Analyst is responsible for creating a positive customer support experience and building strong relationships through deep problem understanding, ensuring timely resolution or escalation, communicating promptly on progress, and handling customers with a professional attitude.
- Responsible for analyzing, documenting, troubleshooting and resolving incidents and requests regarding use of end user devices, applications and related technology.
- Provide in-depth technical support and escalation including but not limited to the following products: Microsoft Operating Systems from Windows 7/8.1 onwards, Microsoft Office suite applications from Office 2010/2013/O365/2016 onwards, and internal and third-party applications.
- Provision, maintain, and remove security privileges for users of systems.
- Work as part of the Service Desk team to monitor the call queue, voicemail and group mailbox, responding to queries as appropriate in a timely and efficient manner with a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Ensure that all customer requests are recorded accurately from identification through resolution with a high level of detail using the service management ticketing software; all actions undertaken to resolve or escalate these requests will be recorded accordingly.
- Grow general knowledge of current environment and facility-specific products, increasing ability to resolve requests on first contact.
- Serve as a single point of contact for reported technical issues.
- Create a positive customer support experience and build strong relationships through deep problem understanding, ensuring timely resolution or escalation, communicating promptly on progress, and handling customers with a professional attitude.
- Using remote access tools, detect, diagnose and where possible resolve a high level of customer issues and service requests remotely therefore increasing efficiency and reducing the requirement for escalation.
- Collaborate with internal IT staff to investigate issues, ensure incidents are resolved and requests are filled.
- At all times, deal with customers and colleagues in a courteous, friendly and professional manner; this may include diffusing stressful situations where conflict and unreasonable demands require diplomacy.
- Document and update/maintain current documentation on Service Desk processes and procedures; create and maintain technical documentation as needed.
- Contribute to continual process improvement activities by identifying training opportunities, improvement opportunities with the process, and modifications for the tools used.
- Adhere to and support established standards, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain a level of awareness with regards to current IT technologies including future developments and changes in the industry.
- The Seattle IT Service Desk operates during core business hours of 7:00am to 5:30pm, Monday through Friday; shift for this part-time vacancy will be scheduled during these hours and is currently planned to be 7:00am-11:00am Monday – Friday.
- Perform varied job tasks commensurate with the IT Systems Analyst level.
NOTE: Equivalent combinations of education, experience and training will be considered for the required qualifications.
- Associate Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or closely related field.
- 2+ years' experience in Customer Service/Support, Service Desk, Desktop Support or related field.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment with many customers and competing priorities.
- Stellar customer service skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, especially Outlook.
- Proficiency in typing 40+ words/minute with accuracy. NOTE: *Employment contingent upon successful completion of comprehensive background investigations, including a Seattle Police Department criminal history check that includes fingerprinting. *NOTE: This position is represented by a collective bargaining unit; International Federation of Professional & Technical Engineers, Local 17. You will be required to join the union within 30 days of employment, and pay monthly union dues. Additional Information
Desired Qualifications*:* Most competitive candidates will possess the following qualifications:
- Technical Skills:
- Extensive experience providing end user technical support within a Service Desk for a Microsoft Windows environment;
- Experience utilizing IT Service Management application (ticketing software);
- Advanced user level knowledge and troubleshooting of Windows 7 (or higher) operating systems;
- Advanced user level knowledge and troubleshooting of Microsoft Office 2010/2013/O365/2016 (or higher);
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies;
- Experience with ITIL best practices.
Ability to work calmly under pressure and maintain logical processes;
- Demonstrable attention to detail;
- Ability to document work accurately;
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
Communication and Relationship Skills:
Ability to work with a wide range of people with different skills and needs;
- Customer focused.
Salary: $36.92 - $42.92 Hourly
Location: Seattle, WA
Job Type: Classified Civil Service, Regular, Part-Time
Department: Seattle Information Technology
Job Number: 2018-00789
Closing: 5/29/2018 4:00 PM Pacific
Agency: City of Seattle
Address: Seattle Municipal Tower 700 5th Avenue, Suite 5500 Seattle, Washington, 98104