Amazon Web Services Senior Tech Product Manager EC2 in Seattle, Washington
Amazon’s Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) enables customers of all sizes to run their applications on our industry leading cloud infrastructure. Customers around the world rely on EC2 to provide elastic, high performance, secure and cost effective resources to scale their infrastructure to keep up with their changing business needs.
As customers around the world move to the cloud, we are in need of innovative Product Managers to understand how customers in different geographies, deploy manage and pay for their current infrastructure and how EC2 should adjust our product capabilities and positioning to fit the unique needs of our global customer base.
We are seeking a Sr. Product Manager who has a passion for building hyper-scale cloud products and enabling businesses take their computing infrastructures and applications to the Cloud. As a member of the EC2 Product team, you will help build our worldwide pricing strategy as well as new features designed to accelerate cloud adoption, simplify complex migrations, and transition customers financial planning from capex to opex.
In this role you will play a pivotal role defining product requirements, go-to-market strategy, and is deeply passionate about working with great teams that deliver the highest quality services to our customers. Given the breadth of the EC2 service this role will require coordination across many internal and external teams and will be visible at the highest levels of the company. You’ll work with our customers, partners, software vendors, and operational stakeholders to prioritize roadmap features, and spearhead the definition of new capabilities through expertly crafted business required documents.
You will be surrounded by people who are smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success. This role will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
· Define high-quality roadmaps based on team strategy and vision
· Develop detailed, crisp business narratives and user stories that can be used to create pricing strategies, product specifications and new features
· Work closely with sales teams, solution architects, business development and engineering teams to solve complex product and pricing issues
· Manage prioritization and trade-offs between customer experience, performance and operational support load
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in other technical field required
· 4+ years of business management or product development experience. Ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, and also help solve business problems
· Demonstrated ability to engage and influence senior executives.
· Ability to handle multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
· Presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences
.Verbal and written communications skills, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
· 5+ years’ experience building web services and multi-tier systems
· Experience talking with developers in their own language to come to the best solution from the beginning ( preferred professional coding experience in any language)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Web Services Jobs