Amazon Web Services Senior Product Manager - Tech in Seattle, Washington
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a Senior Product Manager to be part of the Seattle-based AWS Lambda service team. AWS Lambda is changing the way that companies think about computing in the cloud. AWS Lambda is at the center of the "serverless" movement that enables startups and enterprises alike to realize agility, elasticity, and cost efficiency gains at an unprecedented level, without requiring every developer to become an expert in distributed systems, deployment technologies, and infrastructure management. If you're excited by cloud computing, want to help lead from the innovative edge, and have a deep rooted passion in the evolution of computing and application development platforms, then we want to talk to you!
As a Senior product manager, you will be a critical part of the PM organization that owns the business model and P&L, feature development and prioritization of the product roadmap, customer segmentation and pricing, and demand generation for impactful new products. You will work across engineering, business development, and marketing leads to set strategy, define the product, and make the difficult, high-judgment trade-offs between features and time-to-market. You will partner with the technical leaders of the organization to ensure the programming model, scalability and reliability promises, and developer experience delight our customers. As one of the team leaders, you will play a key role in hiring additional team members the team, and help set the vision, values, and culture of this business. Further responsibilities include:
· Author documents relating to product life cycle including product roadmap, business requirements and functional specifications.
· Drive product development across teams (primarily Engineering, Operations, Product Management, Business Development, and Marketing) through business requirements, design, implementation, and deployment.
· Work collaboratively with Engineering as an advocate for the needs of our customers
· Evaluate industry innovations and technology platforms and identify partnership and collaboration opportunities
What does it take to succeed in this role? Excitement in finding new ways to help a developer do things more efficiently or faster. A deep empathy for developer challenges, balanced with a strategic understanding of business objectives and be creative enough to help define what we build. Demonstrated experience leading developer facing platform efforts, and a strong technical background with familiarity with large scale systems. Someone with exceptional communication skills to manage the large degree of external interaction with customers and partners the role needs.
Mentorship & Career Growth Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
· Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (computer science or engineering degrees).
· 5+ years of demonstrated full-lifecycle ownership of product development, with cross team and cross discipline execution, either directly or as an organizational leader.
· Able to work with cross functional teams.
· 5+ years experience delivering developer facing application development platforms or solution management solutions
· Experience in building and delivering large scale services in cloud based environments
· Experience in successfully bringing new developer facing products and services to market
· Demonstrated ability to work and deliver across team and cross discipline across business development, account management, operations, and engineering teams.
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on communicating technical requirements and solutions to internal and external audiences.
· Knowledge of cloud based application development and tooling
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Web Services Jobs