Apple Senior Linux System Engineer - ACS in Seattle, Washington
Senior Linux System Engineer - ACS
Add a favorite
To view your favorites, sign in with your Apple ID.
Don’t have an Apple ID?
Create one now
Forgot your Apple ID or password?
Submit Resume Senior Linux System Engineer - ACS
Back to search results
Posted:Oct 31, 2022
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200440680
Build and solve Linux production systems at scale. Multi-datacenter deployment and supporting a large-scale Linux environment with heterogeneous hardware. Build automation tools and scripts using Bash, Python, Go, etc. Design and support orchestration pipeline using Ansible and Puppet. Familiarity with Hadoop and its ecosystem Hive, Pig, Spark, HDFS, HBase, Oozie, Zookeeper, etc will be useful in this role. Fix and address issues with UNIX and TCP/IP network stack components. Design and support Linux systems (RedHat/OEL/CentOS etc) including automated OS installation, Linux certification, compile and validate various kernels, package management, OS lifecycle management, diagnostic, and performance troubleshooting/profiling.
Extensive Linux experience, especially with RHEL and compatible systems like CentOS, etc.
Excellent experience with programming languages like C, C++, or Go
Strong knowledge of GitOps and Kubernetes
Experience with alerting, monitoring and deployments
Experience with Python development
Expertise in Linux systems and networking concepts
Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- This is Senior Linux system Engineer position with dedicated focus on E2E system validation - Build, Automate and support critical infrastructure supporting applications used across multiple teams - Run different automation pipelines in the large ecosystem, including provision, orchestration, and monitoring on Linux baremetal and Linux Virtual Machines - Collaborate across teams to run workloads and analyze/debug data - Evolve and modify the Analytics Platform based on requirements - Write code, tests, documentation, participate in code reviews
Education & Experience
BS, MS, or PhD degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Additional Requirements as plus:
- Cassandra, Kerberos, SDN, Docker, Kubernetes, Serverless Computing, etc
- Prior experience as an SRE, Software engineer
- Experience in system automation technology, such as Puppet or Ansible
- Experience in Docker, Kubernetes and Cloud technologies will be a plus
Pay & Benefits
- At Apple, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $161,700.00 and $284,900.00, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.Apple employees also have the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder through participation in Apple’s discretionary employee stock programs. Apple employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, and can purchase Apple stock at a discount if voluntarily participating in Apple’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You’ll also receive benefits including: Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, a range of discounted products and free services, and for formal education related to advancing your career at Apple, reimbursement for certain educational expenses — including tuition. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation.Learn more (https://www.apple.com/careers/us/benefits.html) about Apple Benefits.Note: Apple benefit, compensation and employee stock programs are subject to eligibility requirements and other terms of the applicable plan or program.Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race,color,religion,sex,sexual orientation,gender identity,national origin,disability,Veteran status,or other legally protected characteristics. Learn more about your EEO rights as an applicant (Opens in a new window) .
Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about,disclose,or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. United States Department of Labor. Learn more (Opens in a new window) .
Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you’re applying for a position in San Francisco,review the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance guidelines (opens in a new window) applicable in your area.
Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more about the E-Verify program (Opens in a new window) .
Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace. Reasonable Accommodation and Drug Free Workplace policy Learn more (Opens in a new window) .
- Apple Jobs