Amazon Web Services Senior Business Intelligence Engineer, AWS Pricing Experience in Seattle, Washington
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud computing platform is used by millions of businesses and developers around the world, ranging from start-ups to Fortune 50 enterprises. It is at the forefront of cloud computing, which is one of the highest impact industries in the last 15 years.
AWS is seeking a Senior Business Intelligence Engineer for AWS Pricing Experience team. AWS has over 150 products and services, millions of price points, and countless customer use cases. Every year millions of existing and potential customers use our calculator and pricing pages on our marketing website to understand how best to setup and organize their workloads to be cost effective on AWS.
A BIE on Pricing Experience team partners with Software Developers, Business Analysts, and Program Managers to provide insights on customer feedback, create key performance indicators for our products, and assist in feature engineering and model development. The ideal candidate has strong business judgment experience measuring product performance and partnering with product owners to answer key questions.
Our environment is fast-paced, and requires someone who is enthusiastic, flexible, detail-oriented, analytical, and comfortable working with multiple teams and competing priorities. In this role you will be responsible for helping understand customer feedback, measuring performance of our product and resolutions, assist in developing statistical models. This role has significant impact on the customer experience by directing their feedback to leaders who can drive action and ensuring that negative experiences are improved.
Key job responsibilities
• You will be developing and managing dashboards, including back-end data acquisition and visualizing the data.
• You will be an expert in the architecture of DW solutions using multiple platforms (RDBMS, Columnar, Cloud).
• You will design automated BI solutions for recurrent reporting (daily/weekly/monthly).
• You will liaise with software teams, developers, SDE's, Data Engineers and business stakeholders alike to understand data needs.
• You will ensure the high performance and availability of our dashboards while setting a high bar for Data Integrity (troubleshoot operational data-quality issues, review and audit existing ETL jobs and queries)
• You should have effective business and communication skills to be able to work with business owners to develop and define key business questions, and to build data sets that answer those questions.
• Above all you should be passionate about working with huge data sets and someone who loves to bring datasets together to answer business questions and drive change, including improvements to back-end data sources for increased accuracy and simplicity.
About the team
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Operations Research, Math, Finance, or related discipline
• 5+ years of professional experience in a business analyst or equivalent role, working with large data sets and writing complex SQL queries to pull data
• 3+ years experience scripting (Python, R) and building ETL Pipelines and workflows
• Advanced working knowledge of Tableau, QuickSight from creating reports and dashboard.
• Experience in developing requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting
• Ability to display complex quantitative data in a simple, intuitive format and to present findings in a clear and concise manner.
• Excellent organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related field
• AWS, Tableau certifications or other related professional technical certifications
• Experience in designing and delivering cross functional custom reporting solutions.
• Experience in predictive/prescriptive analytics space
• Comfortable with ambiguity, asks questions that drive clarity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Web Services Jobs