Globant Senior Android Developer in Seattle, Washington
Globant (www.globant.com) is a new-breed technology services provider focused on delivering innovative software solutions by leveraging emerging technologies and trends. We combine strong Engineering and creative Design to deliver digital products that are appealing to large audiences. Globant is the place where engineering, design and innovation meet scale. Over the past 12 years we have created a top tier organization of over 4.000 professionals working for companies like LinkedIn, Electronic Arts, WT, Zynga, and Google to name just a few.
As a global company listed in the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: “GLOB”), we have consistently strove to develop our areas of expertise and concentrated them into 12 Studios, each one equipped with several practices designed to satisfy the expectations of the most demanding clients and global audiences. This unique business model has led to many industry successes that include being selected as Endeavor Entrepreneur (2005); being named among the top 10 product engineering vendors (2011) by Global Services; being recognized among the top 10 vendors in mobile applications development (2012) by IDC Survey; being included in the 2010 Cool Vendor in Business Process Services Report by Gartner; and being featured as success case study at Harvard, MIT, Stanford and other top universities.
This is an exciting opportunity to build android games using cutting edge technology. We’re looking for a dynamic, engaging leader with extensive Android expertise to drive the technical decision making and development of Android games to be integrated into already existing apps. Globant is looking for the right individual with a combination of hands-on and managing expertise.
Essential Job Functions
• Perform as individual contributor leadership capacity to provide guidance
to the development team and act as a liaison for multiple areas of the business.
• Works directly with developers and product managers to conceptualize, build, test and realize android games using
Computer Graphics, Augmented Reality, Machine learning technologies among others.
• Explains technologies and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Lead and drive problem solving of technology challenges to define optimal solutions
OUR IDEAL ANDROID TECH LEAD WILL BE ADEPT AT:
• Java and Android SDK
• Common android libraries like Picasso, Dagger and Otto
• Experience with unit test
OUR IDEAL ANDROID TECH LEAD WILL HAVE EXPERIENCE IN:
• Experience working with Restful services. Use of Charles debugger or similar tool. Understand the importance of using mobile friendly services (what might cause a big payload, how your app behaves in bad network conditions, etc).
• Good OOP and OOD
• Good coding skills, error handling, understand when and why a crash might happen.
OUR IDEAL SENIOR MOBILE DEVELOPER SHOULD HAVE:
• At least 5 years in Mobile development.
• Background in computer science.
• Mobile Game Development experience with OpenGL, Unity3D.
• Understanding of computer graphics (2D and 3D), performance, algorithms and game engines.
• Desired Skills:
• Exposure with Vuforia, ARCore, Unreal Engine 4 and Marmalade is a big plus
• Positive attitude and communication skills.
IT WOULD BE GREAT (BUT NOT REQUIRED) IF OUR SENIOR MOBILE DEVELOPER ALSO HAD:
• Wearables experience
• IoT experience
• Mobile Web experience
• Windows Mobile development experience
Globant is an EOE M/F/D/V. Globant does not accept unsolicited 3rd party resumes.