Swedish Health Services RN Fellow - Emergency Services, March 2021 Cohort in Seattle, Washington
Are you an early-career nurse looking to change specialties in a hospital setting? If you are interested in acquiring training and experience in an acute care setting, the Swedish RN Fellow Program could be the next step in your nursing career!
We are recruiting for our March 2021 cohort.
The RN Fellow training program provides an opportunity for RN's with a minimum of 12 months of RN experience to be oriented to a new specialty.
Our RN Fellow training program provides participants with:
· The opportunity to experience the program in a setting that provides a consistent and structured experience.
· Integrated classroom and clinical experiences under the guidance and support of Preceptors, Clinical Educators and Professional Development Specialists. Clinical experience is under the direct one on one supervision of a Preceptor.
· Simulated Clinical Experience with high fidelity mannequins, which offers the opportunity to practice in a safe and educationally structured environment.
· Numerous professional development opportunities both at the individual level as well as opportunities to participate in shared leadership, our Nursing Quality leadership group, among others.
· Registered Nurses at Swedish are responsible for providing nursing care adapted to individual patient needs based on the nursing process, which includes assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. He or she is also responsible for delegation and supervision of personnel that participate in the provision of care to ensure that patient needs and expected outcomes are met.
In this position you will:
· Collect pertinent assessment data including present condition, past history, physical, spiritual and psychosocial information
· Develop, review and revise an individualized care plan
· Communicate effectively with patients, families, physicians and coworkers
· Utilize the nursing process to prepare for discharge/transfer, beginning with admission and continuing throughout hospitalization
Apply: Be sure to upload your resume to your application. Awards, honors, letters of recommendation and a cover letter are optional.
On-demand Text Interview: Qualified applicants will receive an email invitation to complete a text interview.
Screening: Applications and text interviews are screened by Talent Acquisition.
In-person Interview: Select candidates will be contacted to schedule in-person interviews with a hiring manager and peer interview team.
Post-Offer: Candidates who have accepted an offer must complete a background check (criminal, employment verification, active Washington State RN license verification), drug screen and in-person health screen.
Start Date: RN Fellows must start this cohort on March 29th, 2021 . Start date is dependent on the unit offered and is non-negotiable.
Important information regarding the RN Fellow Program:
· The RN Fellow program is an intensive training program with strict schedules.
· We cannot approve any voluntary time off during the orientation period (estimated 12-24 weeks)
· Nurses in the training program are required to sign a 2 year agreement. Participants agree to remain employed as a RN at Swedish for a period of at least 2 years after completion of the RN Fellow program or are required to pay a prorated amount to the time spent employed by Swedish.
To be considered for the RN Fellow Program:
· At least 12 months of recent RN experience
· Active Washington State RN license by March 15, 2021
· Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card must be from the American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire. ACLS, NRP, and/or PALS training and certification will occur during the orientation process, if applicable.
· Strong preference is given to BSN graduates or those enrolled in a BSN program who will complete their education prior to the cohort’s start date.
· All Registered Nurses without a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing must obtain a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or higher within 6 years of hire.
· Willingness to commit to full-time employment for 2 years. RN Fellows sign a 2 year agreement with Swedish.
· Ability to work evening, night and weekend shifts.
Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment. Swedish has a non-discrimination policy and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Swedish is the largest, most comprehensive, nonprofit health provider in the Greater Seattle area. Our expanding network of facilities currently includes three hospital locations in Seattle, a hospital in Edmonds and the new Swedish Issaquah campus. It also consists of Swedish Medical Group’s network of primary care clinics, and affiliations with suburban hospitals and specialty clinics throughout Greater Seattle.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Mission is to improve the health and well-being of each person we serve.
Our Vision is Health for a Better World.
Swedish is the largest not-for-profit health care system in the greater Seattle area. It is comprised of five hospital campuses (First Hill, Cherry Hill, Ballard, Edmonds and Issaquah); emergency rooms and specialty center in Redmond (East King County) and the Mill Creek area in Everett; and Swedish Medical Group, a network of more than 128 primary care and specialty care locations throughout the greater Puget Sound area. Swedish employs nearly 13,000 caregivers (all employees), including nearly 1,400 providers. Whether through physician clinics, education, research and innovation or other outreach, we're committed to caring for the people in our region and beyond. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: RN Fellow
Work Locations: Cherry Hill Main Bldg (WA150) 500 17th Ave James Tower Seattle, 98122
Req ID: 274055
Swedish Health Services
- Swedish Health Services Jobs