Aerotek Release Of Information Specialist in Seattle, Washington
• Assesses the validity and completeness of records being released, based on the release authorizations. This includes receiving, sorting and organizing work in accordance with time category (stat, urgent, routine) and simple or complicated release types (including medical, subpoena, disability), and utilizing standardized naming conventions related to releases. Ensures records released meet HIPAA requirements, as well as other federal and state laws and regulations with regard to privacy and access. Ensures legal and regulatory deadlines related to release of information are met to avoid penalties and risks. Utilizes appropriate tools and resources to assist in the categorizing and processing of release types, such as RightFax and SharePoint. Works with ROI vendor in tracking and processing releases assigned to the vendor. Works with other stakeholders in processing and tracking release of medical records from ancillary medical records systems. Ensures accuracy and quality of records processed and released.
• Responds to public inquiries about release of medical information, the status of the request and general questions regarding release of information and the medical record, the status of the request, or general questions regarding ROI and ERHI. Prepares and processes invoices for medical records. Prepares and processes rejections letters to requesters. Tracks and updates production and other ROI metrics. Acts as a back-up to ROI call center when needed. Acts as a back up to the onsite ROI window for drop in patients. Performs other duties or special projects as assigned.
Under the general supervision of the Manager of Release of Information, and the direct supervision of the Supervisor of Release of Information, the ROI Specialist (Health Information Technician 3) is responsible for implementing the mission and goals of Enterprise Records and Health Information, and incorporating a “patients are first” service culture. The ROI Specialist is responsible for understanding, implementing, and answering questions regarding HIPAA and other regulatory and legal requirements related to medical records, and specifically the release of medical records. The ROI Specialist is responsible for processing and tracking requests for release of information from UW Medicine’s medical records system(s) within regulatory timeframes and for assessing the correctness of release authorizations.
Medical record, Hippa, Electronic medical record, Emr, Electronic health record, prior authorization
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Knowledge of Epic, Sorian, or Cerner applications
• Two years’ experience of release of information procedures
• Basic knowledge of MS Office and Office 365
• Ability to manage time effectively and to work in a high volume, high accuracy work environment with deadlines
• Ability to communicate effectively and to work in a collaborative team environment
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Completion of a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) program AND eligible for registration as an RHIT AND one year of experience in health information management OR equivalent education/experience.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs