Optum Registered Nurse, PACU (Part-Time) in Seattle, Washington
The First Hill Surgery Center is seeking a Registered Nurse to join their team part-time to work in an office setting in Seattle, WA.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday (3/10's)
The RN functions as an integral member of the team and is responsible for providing personalized patient care in the peri-operative setting. The RN’s communication, conduct and performance should support the ASC efforts in becoming a High Performance Organization.
The RN is responsible for and not limited to:
• Provide nursing care in the peri-operative setting (pre op, phase 1, phase 2)
• Ability to safely care for patients from pediatrics to geriatrics in a high volume/fast-paced
• Maintain a clean, neat and efficient working environment
• Perform ECG, urine pregnancy, glucometer, I-stat testing/lab draws, bladder scan, insertion of PIV as required
• Manage patient’s admission to the ASC, recovery, and discharge from the ASC
• Assess the status of the patient in pre op and ensure patient identification is accurate
• Ensure patients consents are accurate and complete
• Assess pre-operative vital signs to ensure they are within acceptable parameters for scheduled the surgical procedure
• Perform an initial assessment on arrival in the PACU
• Manage patient’s airways to include airway adjunct management
• Plan and document in the EHR (EPIC)
• Administer narcotic and non-narcotic medication per facility protocol
• Prepare and assist anesthesia provider with patients receiving blocks
• Manage emergency situations and provide effective resuscitation using bag/valve/mask
• Follow established policies and procedures related to the position
• Prepare patients for discharge and provide discharge instruction education
• Understand and deliver quality customer service consistent with the FHSC efforts in becoming a High
• Follow HIPPAA regulations
• Adapt and perform effectively in a continuously changing environment
• Coordinate the patient’s transition through the peri-operative process
• Maintain a team supportive attendance record
• Communication, conduct and dress to portray a professional quality at all times and are in compliance with the ASC appropriate surgical attire policy
• Perform other related duties as assigned by the Supervisor RN
Preferred Experience and Credentials:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
Current Washington State license.
BLS and ACLS certification is required. PALS certification required (may be obtained within the first six months of hire)
OR experience is required.
This position requires strong attention to detail.Employees are required to screen for symptoms using an approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a worksite building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
Interested in learning more? Let’s talk about our opportunities and your career growth!
- Optum Jobs