Concept Systems Inc. Regional Engineering Manager (REM) in Seattle, Washington
Our Regional Engineering Manager (REM) is responsible for fulfilling project and proposal roles and providing engineering management and supervision for their regional team. This position is also responsible for hiring, success planning, training, project performance supervision, and proposal review by performing the following duties in alignment with the company strategic plan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Ensure project execution excellence in the region to include reliable resource assignments, budget performance, schedule performance, commercial management, and adherence to technical requirements, ultimately driving customer satisfaction.
Sales support to include customer relations, proposal resource assignments and proposal reviews.
Ensure proposal development excellence in the region to include reliable resource assignments, accurate cost estimates, on time delivery, effective commercial strategies, and sound technical solutions, ultimately driving customer satisfaction.
Team development to include hiring, success planning, and training to meet company objectives.
Participation in executive strategy development, to include understanding current corporate and regional strategies, evaluating regional market factors, proposing new strategies or changes to the existing strategies, and developing return on investment analysis to support strategy ideas.
Execution corporate strategies, on time, on budget, and deriving the expected results.
Oversight of the financial performance of the region; review KPIs and set strategies to correct shortfalls and to develop on overperformances and manage all aspects of the budget.
• Provide regular success planning for each team member and drives team member development in line with those plans
• Conduct weekly one-on-ones with each team member to understand their current priorities, assignments, progress, and barriers to success. Provide coaching to help drive success.
• Oversee all activities by each team member by understanding their skillsets and capabilities.
• Participate in the Engineering Leadership Team and the Mentoring Team, meetings and drive associated initiatives as they relate to the region.
• Understand the corporate Market Focus and Sales Forecasts and ensure appropriate resource levels and capabilities aligned with the Controls Group, Automation Group, Service Group, Design Group, and Manufacturing Group. Work with the Engineering Director and Team Managers to execute related regional strategies, to include, but not be limited to; training, tools, vendor-hosted event participation, and coaching/mentoring.
• Work with the HR and Recruiting Director to execute related regional strategies, to include, but not be limited to; hiring, internal culture building and engagement, job fair participation, College/University relations, interviewing, and performance improvement plans.
• Assist the Resource Planner with assigning the right person to the right project.
• Directly and/or indirectly (as may be delegated to assigned Project Managers) maintain project schedules and keep projects within budget.
• Assure adherence to the Project Methodology and The Concept Way and recommends improvements to these vital company standards.
• Directly and/or indirectly (as may be delegated to assigned Project Managers) coordinates project billing and reviews and approves invoices.
• Maintain oversight of the selection and performance of subcontractors based in the region.
• Work with the Engineering Director and Finance Director to identify high-risk projects in the region and establish and execute mitigation plans.
• Work with the Sales & Marketing Director to execute related regional strategies, to include, but not be limited to; customer site visits, customer meetings, vendor-hosted events, developing marketing collateral, developing proposals, and acting as Opportunity Sponsor on proposals.
• Maintain oversight of partner programs as they relate to the region, such as the Rockwell SI program, and drives business development, marketing, and sales related activities related to these programs.
• Directly and/or indirectly (as may be delegated to assigned proposal team) develops quality proposal estimates, completes technical research, and establishes sound solutions
• Work with the Marketing Department as needed to promote regional and corporate initiatives.
• Maintain existing relationships and develop and foster new client relationships.
• Provide commercial and technical insight, recommendations, and strategies at sales meetings.
• Conduct contract negotiations with the guidance of the CEO.
• Work with the Finance Director to understand the financial drivers for the corporation and the region. Execute related regional strategies, to include, but not be limited to; efficiency gains, productivity improvements, quality control, budget adherence, and project performance improvements.
• Attends Leadership and Management trainings and events as required.
• Maintain punctual, regular, and predictable attendance.
• Work collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
• Maintain facilities and work closely with the landlord on improvements.
• Display excellent communication skills including presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills required in working with customers and coworkers and including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure.
• Respectfully take direction from manager.
• Other duties as assigned.
Directly supervises employees in home office location. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Culture of Leadership
Not only demonstrates actions associated with living the Concept Way but inspires others to do so as well through leading by example, communication and holding others equally accountable to these standards. Takes ownership for own success; speaks openly and sincerely, is a source of inspiration, develops and fosters relationships both internally and externally and strives to be innovative.
Focuses on desired outcomes and how best to achieve them. Gets the job done on time and within budget. Sets high standards for performance of self and others, assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing projects or tasks, and can be counted on to deliver consistent and high-quality results.
Clearly conveys information and ideas, orally and in writing, both internally and with customers. Organizes and structures communication to be professional, positive and succinct. Demonstrates active listening and appropriate body language.
Adaptive to Change
Views change as necessary and positive; maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment, adjusts effectively to work within new structures, processes, requirements, and can effectively cope with change internal to Concept Systems or externally.
Culture of Innovation
Demonstrates the desire to be innovative by taking a proactive and creative approach to projects. Presents new product ideas when possible, participates in R2D2, and contributes through Follow It or Fix It.
Culture of Accountability
Demonstrates making the choice to rise above individual circumstances and demonstrates the ownership necessary for achieving the desired results – to See It, Own It, Solve It and Do It.
Culture of Respect
Demonstrates respect for others and provides recognition and appreciation for individuals in every role within Concept Systems.
Follow It or Fix It
Actively contributes feedback in an effort to promote continuous improvement while following Concept Systems established and documented business processes.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s or Master’s (B.S. or M.S.) in Engineering from a four-year accredited college or university; and ten or more years of automation, controls or manufacturing industry experience. Five years minimum of team management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Job requires specialized computer skills. Must be adept at using various applications including database, spreadsheet, report writing, project management, graphics, word processing, presentation creation/editing, communicate by e-mail and use scheduling software.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
A valid insurable Driver’s License is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work in high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outdoor weather conditions; extreme cold (non- weather) and extreme heat (non-weather). The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Up to 10% Travel required for this position.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Applicants cannot require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Concept Systems offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, flexible spending, 401(k), generous paid time off programs, profit sharing, and company paid training - in addition to a professional and business casual environment.
Concept Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer