Kiewit Corporation Proposal Manager - Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers in Seattle, Washington
Requisition ID: 130841
Job Level: Mid Level
Department: Business Development & Proposals
Employment Type: Full Time
As a Proposal Manager, you will be working with our proposal and marketing teams in support of some of the most challenging engineering and construction projects across the United States.
If you are looking for a career that is both challenging and rewarding, a position where you will work collaboratively with teams and have assignments that provide variety and opportunity, this might be the perfect opportunity for you. This position demands a strong work ethic, initiative, critical thinking, and a commitment to quality.
At Kiewit, the scale of our operations is huge. Our construction and engineering projects span across the United States, Canada and Mexico, improving and connecting communities with every initiative. We depend on our high-performing operations support professionals — they’re the glue that holds multiple areas of the business together and the catalysts that make things happen. We hire only the most driven people and we offer them diverse career opportunities, strong leadership and mentorship, rewarding, collaborative work, and responsibility they won’t find just anywhere. We’re always pushing new limits. You can too!
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering's Design-Build team is driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects. Through our integrated design and construction approach, our multi-disciplinary team works together to improve schedule, control costs and minimize risk. Our construction-focused engineers work collaboratively with our estimators and builders to design solutions that are innovative, constructible, and designed with a focus on safety. Clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and best practices for all projects that we support.
Kiewit’s management and implementation of this process leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that exceeds client expectations and furthers Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
KIPS has an immediate opening in Seattle, Federal Way and Vancouver Washington.
• Works under direction of Regional Proposal Strategy Manager
• Participant in upfront strategy/capture process with Alternative Delivery team
• Analyze and interpret solicitation documents and requirements (RFQ, RFI, RFP) to create comprehensive response templates (compliance matrix, proposal outlines, schedule)
• Develop responsibility/compliance matrix and schedule with pursuit team defining roles and assignments of each resource on effort to ensure compliant proposal
• Assess level of effort for pursuits and personnel resourcing needs to effectively manage proposal development phase
• Lead proposal development meetings including kickoff, milestone reviews/recovery, and lessons learned
• Provide leadership and direction to entire pursuit team including schedule management, compliance oversight, writing instructions, and team guidance throughout the proposal development phase
• Manage entire submission and ensure proposal sections are compliant with client’s objectives and requirements while ensuring consistency with proposing entity’s strategy and approach
• Facilitate strategy and storyboarding sessions with pursuit team members and SMEs, work with writers and designers to incorporate strategy into proposal. Translate the win strategy into key themes and drives them into proposal sections through a disciplined process that articulates compelling messages with benefits statements, graphics, and proofs
• Brainstorm and collaborate with graphic designers the technical and informational graphics with visual persuasion
• Make accurate and timely edits and revisions to documents, and adjust schedule as required
• Author/review material for proposal sections throughout proposal development phase to develop compliant and compelling written proposal content
• Perform final review of all required elements for proposal submission to confirm delivery of compliant, compelling, and comprehensive response
• Coordinate with graphic designers in development of production plan/process
The successful candidate must possess the following qualifications:
• Minimum of seven (7) years of proposal management experience in engineering and construction industry with an emphasis on $100+ million /design-build, progressive design-build, and P3 projects
• History of working on large infrastructure design/construction projects
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Communications, Journalism, English, Construction Management or equivalent required.
• Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
• Advanced knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat
Required Skills qualifications-based
• Exceptional attention to detail, organization, and attentive listening skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills to lead entire pursuit team (colleagues, internal customers, and team partners)
• Effective leader with the ability to prioritize and delegate effectively to successfully complete multiple tasks simultaneously
• Action orientated – ability to take on challenges, effective problem-solving skills to develop issue resolution
• Strong emotional intelligence and ability to work collaboratively with professionals from various backgrounds
• Solid editing/writing skills: thorough knowledge of grammar, spelling, and composition as well as writing, editing, oral communication, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to deliver quality work and results in a strict deadline-driven environment
• Ability to write concise, compelling, and compliant text through interviews with subject matter experts
• Strong team leader who is self-motivated and has ability to work effectively with professionals from various backgrounds
• A focus on teamwork – ability to continually listen, collaborate, and communicate among colleagues, internal customers, and team partners
• Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously and meet high standards and be attentive to quality
- Absent an approved exemption, due to federal, state, local, provincial and/or client-requirements, this position requires an individual to be fully vaccinated by an FDA-approved or authorized COVID-19 vaccine upon hire and as a condition of continued employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Kiewit Corporation Jobs