Microsoft Corporation Program Manager II in Seattle, Washington
The Commerce and Ecosystem division (C+E) in the Cloud & AI group powers commerce for Microsoft’s key businesses like Azure, Office 365. The Commerce Partner & Seller Experience team within this group is a great place to grow your career while working on initiatives that deliver compelling value to Microsoft’s developer and partner ecosystem across gaming, commercial, and productivity segments.
We are hiring an early in career Technical Program Manager to help us deliver services and experiences for empowering Microsoft’s developer and partner ecosystem to be successful. In this role you will engage directly with our partners to identify, define and deliver new solutions that will help shape Partner Center, APIs and portals across Microsoft. You will ensure there is a great end-to-end experience backed by a solid economics model for enabling the partners to reach their business goals. You will contribute to building services that are highly scalable, resilient and can be operationalized by our partners which is key to our overall success.
In this position, you will be part of a fun-loving, diverse team that seeks challenges, loves learning and values teamwork. You will collaborate with team members and partners to build full stack web applications using latest web technologies in a dynamic and agile environment, and have opportunities for mentorship, career growth, and work on high-business impact areas.
Successful candidates will exhibit various attributes which will enhance their ability to succeed in this position.
Collaboration - As most development is about working with others, both within an immediate team, as well as across business units and portions of the company, an ability to collaborate effectively is a core competency to have.
Customer Focus - A focus on delivering customer value, and being able to directly tie engineering decisions and actions to that value is a huge plus for successful engineers at any level.
Drive for Results - Being able to drive for results, not merely finding the boundary of your responsibility, but following a problem through to its conclusion, to solve it once and for all, is a skill and ability which a successful engineer should exhibit.
Technical Excellence - Core to being a software engineer is of course technical excellence. This is not merely knowing the latest and greatest language developments, but demonstrating a passion for technology, a curiosity to ‘go deep’, and an ability to quickly learn and build upon past experiences, to be able to extrapolate from those experiences, and deliver innovations. Technical excellence is rooted in having a strong demonstrable aptitude for problem solving.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate this broad set of attributes well.
We are searching for a Program Manager to manage and drive a set of Key Results for our partners. This will involve the following:
• Drive the engineering investments and roadmap that enable Cloud Solution Providers (CSPs) to successfully transact with all offers.
• Facilitate the engineering investments required to deliver promotions and offers to all partners.
• Work closely across engineering, business, and operations teams to drive alignment and deliver optimal experiences for partners.
• Mange partner engagements and work directly with our partners to understand their needs.
• Use data to monitor, measure and ensure we are doing the right things for our partners.
• Listen to, understand, and evangelize partner user cases and scenarios.
• Drive and deliver executive reviews.
• 5+ years experience working as a Program Manager or managing/shipping software or technology related products.
• BS in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronics or related technical discipline.
• Experience managing projects with web portal experiences and platform APIs/SDK.
• Outstanding cross-group collaboration skills and proven ability to partner across organizations.
• Excellent communication skills with an ability to tailor messaging up and down the management chain as well as prepare external ready communications.
• Strong technical understanding.
• Excellent business and technical judgment.
• Ability to develop Key Results.
• A passion for deeply understanding partner needs, and enabling the business.
• Strong track record of delivering services and/or shipping products.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form (https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest) .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs