Amazon Web Services Program Manager, Event Technology, Event Networks in Seattle, Washington
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is home to massive technologies that fuel hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. These businesses range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in financial services, pharmaceuticals, and technology. Our web services provide a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost IT infrastructure platform in the cloud.
Talented Program Managers sought to deliver a complete solution for AWS Events, including: software, hardware, networking, and devices.
We are building a new team to support network delivery at AWS Marketing events across the globe. Within Event Networking, we’re confronting and solving complex and high-stake challenges. Our teams support all aspects of connectivity between Customers, Amazon and the outside world. We deliver networks at venues, convention centers, and locations globally in support AWS Marketing events such as AWS Summits, re:Inforce and re:Invent.
Our team creates network design/architecture/delivery, definition and enforcement of wired and wireless performance standards, network security monitoring and response, network sustainability/scalability, and the deployment and operations of our current and next generation networks.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated success in operational delivery utilizing internal and external technical resources to provide world-class customer experiences. They will have experience partnering with a diverse set of internal stakeholders as well as managing external vendors. This role will also travel to support our events onsite, deploying and managing hands-on with our event teams and contract labor to build temporary networks and manage them for the duration of the event.
To be successful in this role, you can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery. You are proactive in removing roadblocks, pave the way for innovation, and can handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment and be able to help deeply technical teams create simple solutions to meet your goals.
This role is located in Seattle, WA. Relocation assistance available within the US only.
Responsibilities as a Event Network PM you will:
· Partner with internal marketing and engineering teams to catalog and communicate network requirements for a variety of event types
· Develop and execute on-brand network delivery programs that amaze customers and elevate the AWS event experience
· Proactively identify risks, issues and bottlenecks while managing delivery of event network systems across multiple teams and organizations
· Manage delivery of third-party services and products, including measuring individual vendor performance and holding teams accountable
· Possess self-drive to keep moving things forward even in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge (avoid “analysis paralysis”).
· Evaluate third party vendors and ensure network and security requirements are met.
· Communicate performance to stakeholders and AWS leadership.
· Ability to travel up to 25%.
· 5+ years in operational delivery or program management.
·Experience using quantitative and qualitative data and metrics to communicate solutions to business and technical problems
· Understanding of temporary network deployments, including trends, challenges, top technology solutions and workloads, leading technology vendors and partners, etc.
· Demonstrate innovative approaches to technology in non-traditional IT environments. · Are comfortable generating automated metrics to measure service and effectiveness.
· Have working experience of operationalizing requirements.
· Have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences including business and technical.
· A career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility and a knack for driving and/or being associated with benchmark industry products.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Web Services Jobs