City of Seattle Procurement Agent (Prjt Fund&Agreemnts Coord,Sr) in Seattle, Washington
SPU is currently seeking a Procurement Agent (Prjt Fund&Agreemnts Coord,Sr) to join the Contracts & Procurement Division. This team is responsible for the procurement of goods and services for the Utility, including the administration of consultant contracts and inter-agency agreements. The team is responsible for leading strategic planning efforts, including determining the best pathway to procurement, assessing risk, and establishing expectations and timelines. They advise staff on local, state, and federal regulations and requirements, SPU policies and procedures, and best practices related to procurement, with a focus on fiscal responsibility, inclusiveness, and equity. This position reports to the Contracts & Procurement Division Manager.
About Seattle Public Utilities:* *
Seattle Public Utilities (SPU) is a _Community Centered Utility _working to make Seattle the best place to live for everyone. We deliver high quality, vital services, across four major lines of business: providing water, solid waste, drainage and wastewater services for Seattle residents and businesses. In addition, SPU provides drinking water for 1.5 million regional customers in Seattle and other municipalities. Our customers depend on us to deliver high quality, reliable, and cost-conscious utility services and to achieve the highest benefits possible for every investment we make.
SPU commits to Our City Values and Race and Social Justice as core principles that guide our work. We support and hold ourselves accountable to this commitment by eliminating barriers to access and providing employees with equitable opportunities for professional growth and advancement.
- Administer the requisition to purchase order processes, including advising requestors on purchasing processes, policies, and availability of City-wide contracts.
- Research and analyze purchase activities and make recommendations.
- Research market sources and suppliers.
- Engage in planning and strategy for short and long-term acquisitions.
- Provide advice on the procurement of goods and services, and the management of purchase orders and purchase related contracts and agreements.
- Engage in procurement solicitation, evaluation, and negotiation processes.
- Actively engage in issue resolution with SPU staff (accounts payable, field and office, and leadership), City-wide buyers, and suppliers.
- Provide training and guidance to SPU staff and suppliers.
- Actively participate in process improvement initiatives, system development, and development of documentation, forms and templates, and training materials.
- Generate reports and analyze data.
- Represent SPU at contracts and procurement events.
- Maintain the integrity of the public procurement process. Qualifications
Education: A Bachelor's degree in business or public administration, finance, economics or other field related to this work.
Experience: Three (3) years of professional experience in financial analysis, project management, grant administration, inter-agency agreements, contract administration or related work.
Experience/Education Equivalency: A combination of education and/or training and/or experience which provides an equivalent background required to perform the work of the class may be substituted for the required education or experience.
The Ideal Candidate has:
- Experience in public sector contracts and procurement.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to collaborate and provide a high level of customer service.
- Advance oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Advanced skill level in using MS Office applications.
- Certification from the National Contract Management Association, The Institute for Public Procurement, or related professional organization.
- Experience with PeopleSoft or similar procurement software and/or contract management systems.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively within a multi-cultural workforce serving a diverse customer base
*Additional Application Requirements: *
As part of the application process, you must include a cover letter and resume with your application.
Your cover letter should include responses to the following questions:
- What drew you to this position?
- What skills and/or experience do you have that make you the best candidate for this position?
** Cover letter should not exceed 2 pages.
At Seattle Public Utilities, our job is to protect the area's quality of life. We pledge to meet community and environmental needs by:
- Maintaining some of the nation's best drinking water
- Preventing sewer backups, flooding, and landslides
- Helping Seattle residents and businesses be recycling leaders
- Protecting local waterways and the Sound from sewage overflows and polluted stormwater runoff.
We do this while always keeping in mind that we need to spend customers' money wisely. We are also making sure that as Seattle grows, it's even better for future generations. A place where:
- Less garbage is shipped to the landfill
- The drinking water is protected
- Utility infrastructure is well-built and maintained
- And where salmon thrive in healthy waterways
Seattle is known as a progressive leader in technology, innovation, and the environment. As an employer, the City of Seattle is a leading local government in environmental stewardship, green building and social justice, making our City what it is today and shaping our future. Our employees play an important role in making this possible.
This posting lists the "Work Location" at the Seattle Muncipal Tower, 700 5th Avenue in Seattle, however, we expect this position to work remotely through July 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We will continue to seek guidance from local public health agencies and will proceed accordingly with any changes or needs in regard to ‘workplace location' expectations.
Learn more about Seattle Public Utilities at our web page www.seattle.gov/util/ via www.seattle.gov/jobs.
Salary: $42.44 - $49.41 Hourly
Location: Seattle, WA
Job Type: Classified Civil Service, Regular, Full-Time
Department: Seattle Public Utilities
Job Number: 2021-00097
Closing: 3/16/2021 4:00 PM Pacific
Agency: City of Seattle
Address: Seattle Municipal Tower 700 5th Avenue, Suite 5500 Seattle, Washington, 98104