Microsoft Corporation Principal Solution Specialist in Seattle, Washington
Microsoft is a company where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envision what can be, and take their careers to levels they can't achieve
anywhere else. This is a world of more possibilities, more innovation, more openness, and sky's-the-limit thinking -- a cloud-enabled world.
At Microsoft we have unique capabilities to meet the needs of both individuals and organizations. We care deeply about taking our ideals and
vision around the globe, and to make a difference in peoples' lives and organizations in all corners of the planet. Our mission is to empower every
person and every organization on the planet.
Are you insatiably curious? Do you embrace uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from your mistakes? Do you collaborate well with others,
knowing that better solutions come from working together? Do you stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve, and are you motivated every
day to empower others to achieve more through technology and innovation? Are you ready to join the team that is at the leading edge of
Innovation at Microsoft? Azure is the most innovative cloud platform in computing today and Microsoft is hiring Azure Application and
Infrastructure Principal Solution Specialists (PSS).
As a PSS, you will be a senior solution sales leader within our enterprise sales organization working with our most important customers. You will
lead a virtual team of technical, partner and consulting resources to advance the sales process and achieve/exceed quarterly target revenue and
usage/consumption targets in your assigned accounts. You will be able to deeply engage with your accounts, helping them take advantage of
our unique hybrid platform to make their digital transformation.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Check out all our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
Primary accountabilities for this role include:
- 50% - Build transform new markets and lead transformational shifts in our customers. Develop, communicate and provide high business
impact solutions that enable digital transformation
- 30% - Disciplined in business-management; adaptable to a culture of accountability; build a strong and active business network; meets sales
targets and operational standards.
- 20% - Maintain and develop a positive Customer and Partner Experience (CPE)
- Experienced. 10+ years’ experience selling business solutions to large/global enterprise customers with a focus on application and
infrastructure technologies preferred
- Account Management. Effective territory/account management: planning, opportunity qualification and creation, stakeholder and
executive communication, needs analysis, value engineering, services/partner engagement, opportunity management, pipeline
management, large dollar licensing and deal negotiation required
- Executive Presence. Experience and expertise selling to senior business decision makers by aligning & reinforcing the value of the
solution to the customer’s overall business pain and/or strategic opportunities and decision criteria.
- Collaborative. Orchestrate and influence virtual teams to pursue sales opportunities and lead v-teams through influence
- Azure Platform. Understanding of Microsoft server products and/or complementing solutions. The position requires the ability to
articulate and present the business value of Microsoft's solutions and have a firm understanding of Microsoft's strategies and products
relative to major Microsoft competitors preferred
Competitive Landscape. Knowledge of enterprise software solutions and application and infrastructure competitor landscape
Partners. Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA preferred, or equivalent experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.