Benaroya Research Institute Postdoctoral Research Associate in Seattle, Washington
The Long Lab is a translational immunology lab focused on better understanding underlying mechanisms of autoimmune disease, patient variability, and response to therapy. Currently, we are primarily focused on three, inter-related projects in the setting of T1D: 1) Causes and consequences of reduced response to IL-2, 2) Cellular definition and stability of CD8 T cell exhaustion associated with response to therapy, and 3) identification of biomarkers of disease severity. Each of these projects use human samples, are collaborative in context working with the diabetes team, genomics and systems immunology, and use the resources of the BRI Human Immunophenotyping (HIP) Core, managed by Dr. Alice Long.
The Postdoctoral Research Associate conducts independent biomedical research relevant to defining mechanisms underlying CD8 exhaustion in the context of type 1 diabetes (T1D).
• Design and perform experiments and analysis relevant to cellular, molecular and functional definition of CD8 ‘exhausted’ cells found in T1D (Long, et.al., Sci Imm, Wiedeman, et.al., JCI) and molecular mechanisms that underlie stability and function of these cells at different stages of disease
• Work with the BioInformatics team at BRI to design and perform experiments
• Collaborate with leaders in the field of autoimmunity
• Publish papers, write grants and present findings at meeting
• Opportunity to supervise support staff in the lab
The Postdoctoral Research Associate is a team-player who welcomes challenges and wants to grow as a translational biologist
Requires a Ph.D. in Immunology or a related field and experience in tissue culture, cellular and molecular techniques
Prefer experience with flow cytometry and experience with large data-sets
Benaroya Research Institute is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Requisition number: 2021-1677
External Company URL: http://www.benaroyaresearch.org/
Street: 1201 Ninth Avenue