Arup Plumbing Engineering Intern - Available June 2021 in Seattle, Washington
Plumbing Engineering Intern - Available June 2021
5 days agoPost Date
Plumbing Engineering Intern-Available June 2021
Start Here, Go Anywhere! Are you looking for an opportunity to shape a better world?
During your internship at Arup, you’ll have the chance to work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
• System load calculations to establish equipment size
• Calculations for designing specific piping systems for a variety of projects
• Report writing: writing summaries of the calculation methodologies employed
• Giving structure to your own ideas – lots of “taking a first pass” at spreadsheets, reports and analyses for discussion later rather than instruction
• Attending meetings and learning from listening, asking questions and discussion
• Work in close contact with other disciplines and/or vendors to gain knowledge on new subjects
• Currently pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Civil, Sanitary Engineering, Environmental Engineering or Architectural Engineering
• Minimum 3.0 GPA or higher
• Coursework in fluid hydraulics/piping/fluid dynamics
• Internship experience in engineering-related firm
• Proven interest in the built-environment
• Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team
• Ability to interface with clients
• Good time management habits, ability to multi-task, ability to sustain focus on long tasks
• Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible way
• Attitude of taking initiative, enthusiasm, eagerness to learn, teamwork, creativity
• Must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
• Currently pursuing a Master’s Degree in Mechanical, Civil, Sanitary Engineering, Environmental Engineering or Architectural Engineering
• 3.5 GPA or higher
• EIT/ FE certification
• Membership in ASPE or NFPA
• Courses in sustainability
• Revit skills
• Internship with emphasis on civil/hydraulics/plumbing layouts with hydraulic calculations
• Evidence of past internship or extracurricular activity in the field
• Proven ability to perform in a paid work environment with intermittent supervision
• Past history of technical presentations and technical writing
• Intellectual curiosity and enthusiasm with respect to multidisciplinary work
• Evidence of personal investment in academic or extracurricular field
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world's most prominent projects across our industry. We offer a broad range of professional services to clients around the world that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
• LEED Platinum Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Headquarters
• Energy-Efficient redesign of the Joseph Vance Building
• Wilkes Elementary School
• St. Elizabeth Hospital
• Seattle Central Library
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to grow. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Previous Job Searches
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Track your opportunities.
Seattle, United States
Building Services - Mechanical
Post Date:5 days ago
©Arup Careers. All rights reserved.
- Arup Jobs