Virginia Mason Franciscan Health Plumber - Facilities in Seattle, Washington
As a part of our organization, we currently offer the following additional benefits:
Education Loan Forgiveness for qualifying loans
Competitive starting wages (DOE) and training to grow within the company
Paid Time Off (PTO) - Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
Flexible health spending accounts (FSA)
401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
Care@Work premium account for additional support with children, pets, dependent adults, and household needs
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identify Theft
Inspects, installs, repairs, and replaces pipes, fittings, and plumbing fixtures to maintain the heating, water, medical gas, fire sprinkler system, and drainage system of the FHS facility.
Work may require regular travel between facilities.
Repairs piping systems and plumbing fixtures.
Schedules inspections, testing, and repair of backflow preventers.
Performs preventative maintenance inspections and repairs to fire sprinkler system.
Estimates the quantity of material and the time needed for minor renovation projects and repairs; may review construction blueprints to aide in process.
Maintains inventory of repair and fixtures for maintenance staff.
Performs related duties as required.
Education/Work Experience Requirements
Two years of recent work experience as a journeyman plumber, or three years in an apprenticeship program, OR any combination of education and experience that demonstrates attainment of the requisite job knowledge skills/abilities.
High school or vocational maintenance-related education is preferred.
• Knowledge of, and experience with, hand and power tools required to perform the duties of the position.
• Knowledge of the standards, techniques, products and tools/equipment pertaining to institutional plumbing and related activities.
• Knowledge of the methods and tools used to inspect, test and repair plumbing systems and fixtures
• Ability to prepare timely and accurate cost estimates (time and material) for plumbing repairs and renovation projects.
• Ability to perform work in compliance with FHS safety and hazardous materials standards.
• Ability to read, understand and communicate in English sufficient to perform the duties of the position.
• Ability to use office equipment and automated systems/applications/software at an acceptable level.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as required by the duties of the position.
$44.63 - $64.72 /hour
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.