Foss Maritime Marine Outside Machinist in Seattle, Washington
Seattle Shipyard Outside Machine Shop Employees are responsible for the installation, service, repair, and maintenance of vessel machinery.
- Perform work including the service, repair, adjusting and testing of machines, devices, moving parts and equipment that operate on the basis of mechanical principles.
- Ability to fabricate parts from samples, blue prints or combination.
- Able to take on multiple tasks/projects while working independently.
- Maintain organization and housekeeping in work area and shop.
- Assist to maintain cleanliness of work area, tools & equipment.
- Familiarity with tool usage, and demonstrate skill with tools.
- Enter and move through manholes to reach and work in internally confined spaces.
- Transverse gangways and scaffolding at varying heights.
- Read and comprehend manuals, drawings and blueprints.
- Able to operate computer for basic use and assist with administrative duties.
- Adhere to all company safety, environmental, quality assurance and security programs.
- Adhere to company policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position generally requires 2-5 years' experience, preferably within the maritime industry. Must be a union member in good standing, or join union upon hiring in. A physical and pre-employment drug testing are also pre-requisite of employment. Fork lift certification required.
Work is performed in a Shipyard and there may be extreme temperatures and conditions. At time you will work in areas that have less adequate ventilation. There will be heavy lifting and climbing to work in high places and confined spaces. The work can often be dirty and difficult. May be required to work more than a normal workweek, including weekends. Travel may also be required. Regular and predictable attendance is a requirement.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk & sit; use hands or fingers; handle or feel; talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, climb and balance, stoop, squat, kneel, twist and crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds and frequently lift up to 25 pounds. Employee is required to operate trucks, forklifts & man-lifts. May be required to work more than a normal workweek, including weekends. Travel may also be required.
Foss Maritime Company is an Equal Opportunity - Affirmative Action Employer and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We are committed to a diverse workforce and taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Foss is a drug-free employer and a participant of the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled