Seattle Children's Hospital Manufacturing Associate Lead, GMP Biologics Manufacturing in Seattle, Washington
Hope. Care. Cure. These three simple words capture what we do at Seattle Children’s – to help every child live the healthiest and most fulfilling life possible. Are you ready to engage with a mission-driven organization that is life-changing to many, and touches the hearts of all? #HOPECARECURE
As one of the nation's top five pediatric research centers, Seattle Children's Research Institute is dedicated to providing hope, care, and cures to help every child live the healthiest and most fulfilling life possible.
Our investigators are involved in hundreds of projects that cover every phase of research, from studying how diseases work to improving investigational therapies. They have pioneered groundbreaking cystic fibrosis treatments and cutting-edge cancer therapies that help a child's immune system defeat cancer, and made other major contributions to pediatric medicine.
Researchers work in close collaboration with one another, their colleagues at partner institutions including the University of Washington and Fred Hutch and our healthcare providers at Seattle Children's Hospital, one of U.S. News & World Report’s top children's hospitals. This collaboration is one of our key strengths, allowing our faculty to draw on a variety of disciplines and techniques as they pursue solutions to some of medicine's most complex problems.
We are committed to not only treating disease but to eliminating it. Help us achieve our vision of being a worldwide leader in pediatric research aimed to improve the health and well-being of children. If you are interested in a challenging career aimed at groundbreaking research, Seattle Children's Research Institute is the place for you.
Seattle Children's Therapeutics (SCTx) at Seattle Children's Research Institute (SCRI) is an exciting new venture aimed at leveraging a biotech industry business model in a non-profit context to bring cutting edge, curative technologies and therapies to defeat pediatric cancer and beyond. Our immunotherapies offer hope to families who have exhausted other treatment options - our work saves lives. This position will support the GMP Biologics Manufacturing team as we aim to develop our internal manufacturing capabilities for key starting materials to accelerate our cell therapy manufacturing program, including viral vectors, plasmids, and protein therapeutics.
The focus of the GMP Biologics Manufacturing team is to build an internal CDMO function to eliminate our biggest hurdle to delivering cures to kids. The sourcing of viral vectors is an expensive and time-consuming proposition which stifles the ability of our program to provide Hope, Care, and Cures to our children who need us most. Our success is measured in clinical outcomes. The nature of our work requires team members who thrive in a team-oriented, challenging, and fast paced environment. Candidates who are motivated by the concept that their individual contributions to a team will have direct clinical impact will be successful in this role.
Specifically, we are currently seeking an experienced manufacturing scientist to lead our Downstream manufacturing team. You will operate and supervise a team utilizing state of the art machinery in a GMP environment to manufacture cutting-edge therapies in a growing organization with an incredible mission. Your expertise running and designing processes using tangential-flow filtration, FPLC, and HPLC will help our program grow, and your experience will enable you to grow the skillset of junior manufacturing scientists. Above all, a willingness to learn, passion for our mission, and creativity are crucial for success at SCTx. We are looking forward to meeting you!
Seattle Children’s Employer Highlights:
• Leader in Pediatric Care: Because of our people, Seattle Children’s is recognized as a leading teaching, research and specialty care center at the forefront of pediatric care.
• Competitive Benefits: We support a healthy work–life balance. Our benefits include employee care, paid time off, health insurance and retirement savings.
• Transportation Discounts: Company bike program, on-site zip cars, unlimited ORCA transit pass, daily commute bonus provided to staff who us alternate methods of travel to/from work, company vanpools.
• Diversity/Inclusion: We strive to maintain an atmosphere that reflects our values of inclusion by providing effective and respectful care compatible with each patient and family's beliefs, values, and heritage.
• B.S./B.A. in a life science or related field
• 6 years' experience in a manufacturing role in a GMP environment
OR Masters’s Degree in a life science field and 4 years of applicable experience
• This specific role is for a downstream lead, and as such we will prioritize candidates whose experience is in line with the position. We are simultaneously posting an upstream lead in case your specific experience is not inline with downstream.
• Experience with biomanufacturing processes, including large-scale
mammalian cell culture, tangential-flow filtration (TFF), and chromatography
• Experience with biological manufacturing process development
• Knowledge of advanced data analytics and experimental design software
• Management experience in an industrial biomanufacturing setting
Our community welcomes diverse experiences, backgrounds, and thoughts as this is what drives our spirit of inquiry and allows us to better connect with our increasingly diverse patients and families. Our organization recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The people who work at Seattle Children's are members of a community that seeks to respect and celebrate all the qualities that make each of us unique. Each of us is empowered to be ourselves within this community, which cultivates and promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion at all levels.
Seattle Children's is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Workplace and Affirmative Action Employer.
External Job Title: Manufacturing Associate Lead, GMP Biologics Manufacturing
Job ID / Requisition Number: 2020-36603
FTE/Hours per pay period: 1.0 FTE (80 hours per bi-weekly pay periods)
Name: SCTx Operations
Shift: Day Shift
Street: 1100 Olive Way