Foss Maritime Help Desk Analyst II in Seattle, Washington
Provides software and hardware support services to internal users of the organization's computer systems and IT network. Acts as second level support and resolution resource, including answering questions, providing advice, investigating and troubleshooting, and following up to assist users. Ensures all incidents and requests are analyzed, resolved and reported back within the promised timeframes. Able to communicate service requests over the phone or in person to all of our regions of operation.
- Responds, analyzes, and prioritizes incoming telephone, voice mail, e-mail, and in-person requests for assistance and from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies.
- Assists Help Desk Analyst I's in solving non-routine or complex software, hardware, and procedure problems or escalating to Tier 3 support staff.
- Consistently creates tickets for managing requests and incidents in Landesk Service Desk in a timely manner.
- Configures and deploys personal computers, software, and peripheral equipment.
- Creates domain, email and other system accounts as requested.
- Analyzes help desk activity and makes recommendations for changes in help desk procedures and systems to upper management.
- Contacts software and hardware vendors to request service regarding defective products.
- Tests software and hardware to evaluate ease of use and whether product will aid user in performing work.
- Writes software and hardware documentation and recommendations for other IT staff.
- Develops documentation materials such as steps and screenshots for users.
QUALIFICATIONS SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Microsoft Operating Systems: client and server.
- Microsoft Office 365, especially Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Experience with Landesk Service Desk and Management Suite, moble device support, network and local client printer support.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
This position generally requires an Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school and four to five years related experience. At least two years of prior office experience providing customer service.
Foss Maritime Company is an Equal Opportunity - Affirmative Action Employer and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We are committed to a diverse workforce and taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Foss is a drug-free employer and a participant of the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. Foss is a drug-free employer and a participant of the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Foss Maritime Company is a 128 year, Seattle-based marine services business, handling all forms of marine transportation, including ship assists, tanker escorts, heavy haul and large project support, cargo services, and shipyard activities. With 1,500 employees and gross revenue of approximately $400M, Foss', diverse geographical footprint and areas of expertise we deliver a range of services offerings to Multinational Fortune 100 customers and small mom and pop businesses.Foss offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. We recognize that our employees are the heart of our company. We treat our people with respect and integrity, and value their contribution and well-being. While the benefits may vary slightly from location to location, these are the basics for full-time, administrative US employees.
- Health Benefits: Dental, Medical, Vision
- Retirement Benefits: 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off: Bereavement Leave, Jury Duty, Vacation, Sick Leave, Holidays, Floating Holidays
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Health Care, Dependent Care
- Income Protection: Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, Voluntary Employee-Paid Benefits
- Life/Work Benefits: Employee Assistance Program, Wellness Program
- Developmental Opportunities: Tuition Assistance, Onsite and Offsite Training Offered
- Activities: Employee Activities and Community Service
- Service Reward Program
- Charitable Match and Dollars-for-Doers
- Passport Card
- Performance Rewards
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled