Amazon Web Services Global Trade Compliance PM, Governance in Seattle, Washington
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced Global Trade Compliance Program Manager to build upon our governance program and support our expanding business on a broad range of global import and export compliance matters. You will interact with AWS Development, Datacenter Engineering, AWS Services, Operations, Procurement, Supply Chain, Legal, Tax, and other internal businesses and external stakeholders to drive trade compliance. This position will report to the Manager of Global Trade and Product Compliance (GTPC) Operations for AWS in Seattle.
AWS is at the forefront of providing a broad set of global cloud-based services including compute, storage, databases, networking, analytics, deep Machine learning, robotics, and enterprise applications, to help organizations move faster, lower IT costs, and scale. This is a dynamic business within Amazon.com, and one of the world’s fastest growing and evolving companies, with a team of exceptionally talented, bright and driven people. GTPC is responsible for ensuring that the infrastructure equipment necessary to support the AWS services are imported/exported in a compliant manner across the multiple countries where AWS operates and will expand.
· Engage with regional trade compliance teams and business stakeholders to document requirements, create functional processes and iterate on those processes as business needs evolve
· Build communications and training plans to ensure all internal and external partners are aware and aligned to trade compliance governance processes
· Manage global import/export regulatory or procedural changes that impact the trade compliance governance program. Clearly communicate the changes and associated impact on the trade compliance program to stakeholders
· Build and maintain data-informed metrics and monitor for actionable insights that enhance the trade compliance governance program
· Establish and manage positive business relations with key stakeholders and business teams
· Manage daily tasks related to providing trade compliance governance guidance of all global governance standards and programs implemented, including conducting research, updating status reports, and coordinating team deliverables.
· Assist with technology, hardware, and software trade classification, including: Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS), Schedule B, and Export Control Classification Number (ECCN)
· Engage with software development teams to understand and guide evolving program technology including opportunities to automate manual processes
· Generate and contribute to performance requirements, timelines, and metrics for all related activities
· Proactively identify and drive automation, simplification, and process improvement initiatives
· Build and maintain a strict adherence to reporting and assessments
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring. We care about your career growth as a passionate learner that is motivated to take on challenges.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well balanced life—both in and outside of work.
· 4+ years of direct experience with customs and trade compliance
· 4+ years’ experience commensurate with extensive knowledge of handling imports and/or exports in accordance with foreign government regulations
· 3+ years’ experience leveraging technology to analyze business problems and drive process improvements
· Experience using data driven process improvement tools and metrics
· Fluency with visualization tools (Tableau, QuickSight, PowerBI) to create user-friendly dashboards.
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
· Master’s Degree is a plus, but not required
· US Customs Brokerage License a plus, but not required
· Global logistics or supply chain experience is a plus
· Ability to apply trade knowledge to business flows, and understand priorities from a financial and tax assessment perspective highly desirable
· Six Sigma is a plus, but not required
· Demonstrated exercise of sound judgment in uncertain situations
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Web Services Jobs