Amazon Web Services Financial System Engineer, TM1, AWS FinTech in Seattle, Washington
AWS FinTech seeks a Financial Systems Developer. The ideal candidate has experience in requirements gathering, technical design, development, deployment, and integration to solve complex planning, performance management and reporting challenges. Solutions must strike the right balance between precision and speed, providing ever more scalable and granular data models, without sacrificing accuracy or agility. This position requires a high level of expertise translating business requirements into technical designs.
On the AWS FinTech team you will be surrounded by people that are exceptionally talented, bright, and driven, and believe that world class technology is critical to customer success. To support this quickly growing business, you must be highly analytical and possess a strong passion for data modeling and finance. We take working hard, having fun, and making history seriously – you should too!
AWS needs individuals that bring the Corporate Finance experience AND the entrepreneurial aptitude to accelerate decision making. Candidates should be willing to innovate and be able to do the heavy lifting to implement their innovations
Key job responsibilities
· Design, test and implement reliable, scalable, and efficient functional data models.
· Design, test and implement user interfaces to the platform.
· Document and planning-related processes, model design and data flow.
· Document technical business requirements.
· Support the development of standard and ad hoc reports, tools and templates.
· Perform analysis and partner with other finance staff to ensure the financial results are accurate and complete.
· Identify process improvement opportunities.
· Author knowledge-sharing documents.
· Monitoring compliance with controls and systems, and developing new processes to support the fast-growing, global AWS business.
· 1 + years of relevant TM1 development or administration experience; including system configuration, model building and developing reports or dashboards with and/or other reporting tools
· Relevant corporate finance experience with working knowledge of financial planning, budgeting and forecasting functions and related processes
· Advanced knowledge and expertise with SQL, OLAP, and data warehousing concepts
· Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or other technical discipline
· Direct experience using OLAP performance management (CPM) tools, preferably TM1 or similar technology (Hyperion/Essbase/Anaplan, etc)
· Familiarity with AWS products such as EC2, DynamoDB, S3, Redshift, and Aurora
· Familiarity and development experience with web services technologies is a strong plus (e.g. HTTPS, REST, XML, JSON, etc.)
· Experience developing scorecards and dashboards
· Python scripting language experience, especially using TM1Py
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Web Services Jobs