Gary Merlino Construction Group Field Mechanic in Seattle, Washington
Field MechanicSeattle, WAApply Now
Mechanic will perform service maintenance for construction machinery and/or related equipment or components such as engines, transmissions, hydraulic systems, electrical, computer and structural repairs including welding. Capable of diagnosing, troubleshooting, and providing quality repairs on Construction Equipment mainly within a field environment.
Technicians will demonstrate safe and proper application of hand, pneumatic and electric tools.
CDL Required class B or A
• Highly prefer 3+ years of field mechanical experience.
• Must have 5+ years of mechanical experience in construction equipment or heavy diesel equipment with hydraulic and electrical experience.
• Able to communicate effectively with customer, supervisor, and fellow employees
• Able to maintain a safe and courteous driving record.
• Must have a valid driver's license, CDL-B Required, and clean DVM record.
• Possess tooling required by the service department.
• Provide customer satisfaction by serving customers in a professional, speedy, and efficient manner.
• Troubleshoot machine breakdowns, diagnosis
• Test drive and/or inspect vehicles and equipment for wear, damage, or specific problems that might affect performance.
• Utilize computer diagnostic equipment.
• Provide after-hours technical service.
• Perform factory recommended preventative maintenance & inspection.
• Ensure guards and safety devices are functioning properly.
• Write clear parts requisitions and service write-ups.
• Enhance service department and organization's reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• The individuals will maintain good attendance and punctuality
• Perform miscellaneous related duties as required and assigned by Manager
In the following macro areas:
• Electronic Service Tool
• Compact Excavators
• Compact Wheel Loaders
• Tractor Loader Backhoes
• Wheel Loaders
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee regularly is required to sit. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and to reach with hands and arms. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Anything above 50 pounds will require assistance of a team member or forklift, etc. as necessary. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Must operate equipment such as phone, computer, hand tools, and equipment.
Gary Merlino Construction offers a superior benefits package which includes:
Medical, Dental, & Vision
Defined Pension Plan
Employee Assistance Program
Life Insurance / AD&D
Long Term Disability Benefit
Flexible Spending Account
Discount Gym Memberships
If you would like to work for a company that values honesty, loyalty and customer service while providing employees an opportunity to fulfill career goals, please submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
We are a federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. We do not illegally discriminate in our employment decisions based on age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran status or pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by local or federal law.
We are also an Affirmative Action Employer and are committed to the inclusion of all qualified individuals in our employment selection process.