Amazon Executive Education Technical Advisor, WWPS SLG/EDU Advisory in Seattle, Washington
Leveraging extensive in-seat experience in education, including IT, budgeting and planning, and educational mission attainment, this role works closely with the other Executive Education and Government Advisors and other members of the Strategic Engagement and Innovation Team (SEIT) to expand AWS’s reach within the education sector by educating and inspiring educational leaders to embrace digital transformation, and by helping account teams working with education customers remove blockers and address customers’ fear, uncertainty, and doubt about cloud migration and digital transformation. This role helps drive positive outcomes for students and faculty, efficiencies in business processes, and resilience and security of IT infrastructure through institutional adoption of AWS’s products and services.
Key job responsibilities
• Serve as a key member of the SLG/EDU Advisory team to drive overall adoption of the cloud through thought leadership and engagement of higher education executives and line-of-business leaders
• Provide coaching and guidance to education executives on strategy, technology, and governance that can improve their cloud readiness and accelerate adoption
• Develop programs and educational offerings that can address key customer blockers such a cloud financial operations, change management, and widespread technical debt
• Stay abreast of changes across the higher education market and shape emerging trends into quantifiable solutions and present and develop thought leadership and other industry specific content to help institutional executives plan for and navigate these changes
• Help customers build business strategy and change management plans and advise them through the operationalization of those plans
• Present business reviews and provide escalation material to senior management team regarding our customers’ successes and identify roadblocks to customer success and expanding AWS’s reach in the industry.
A day in the life
A typical day in the life of an Executive Education Advisor can include on-site or virtual customer meetings, developing thought leadership materials to engage higher education leaders, planning events and projects with internal teams, and working with individual account managers and sales leaders on account strategies. Executive Education Advisors typically travel to customer sites or event locations about 3 - 4 times per month.
About the team
The state and local government and education market segments are critical paths for unprecedented transformation. They are met with changing business models, cost reduction pressure, and increasing cybersecurity threats. And, there is increasing need for data transparency and constituent and student engagement. The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Worldwide Public Sector (WWPS) State and Local Government/Education (SLG/EDU) Advisory team is experienced when it comes to understanding these environments and market transitions impacting their industries.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Austin, TX, USA | New York, NY, USA | Seattle, WA, USA | Washington Dc, DC, USA
6+ years of professional or military experience
Experience developing strategies that influence leadership decisions at the organizational level
Experience managing programs across cross functional teams, building processes and coordinating release schedules
Experience interpreting data and making business recommendations
Experience developing, leading, negotiating and executing corporate and/or business transactions
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $118,400/year in our lowest geographic market up to $220,200/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.
- Amazon Jobs