Amazon Web Services Event Production Engineer, AWS ITS Event Productions in Seattle, Washington
This is an exciting opportunity to work for Amazon supporting dynamic, high impact events taking place in large production venues across the Seattle campus. The candidate should be able to work in a corporate office environment, demonstrating strong organizational skills, an impeccable customer service attitude, and be energetically driven to serve our customers and the team.
A successful candidate will bring a diverse live production support background with a focus on video production, and be able to design, program and operate events ranging from conference style meetings, to concerts and special events. A successful candidate will also demonstrate strong organizational and interpersonal skills, the ability to keep calm, can drive to constantly improve the customer experience, and will have the ability to work across multiple internal teams, external partners and cultures.
Key job responsibilities
• Setup, configure, operate, monitor, troubleshoot, and strike video presentation and broadcast production equipment.
• Understand and draft signal flow diagrams.
• Ability to operate in role autonomously, lead, train and oversee vendor video personnel.
• Promptly, thoroughly, professionally communicate with team, customers, and business partners.
• Report any problems that arise with equipment, make or recommend repairs as able.
• System and inventory management, maintain data/records of equipment use.
• Develop, document and maintain video standards and drive process improvements.
• Search out opportunities to help others improve skills and knowledge base.
• Ensure industry best practices are followed with a safety first mindset.
• Review event information, organize and coordinate video needs of the event.
• Communicate with Event producer to determine technical needs.
• Setup, configuration, and thorough testing of equipment ahead of event.
• V1 technical services for assigned events, lead technician for events with outside vendor services.
• Ability to flex to secondary support roles as needed.
• Optimizing systems for the best quality attainable.
• Dynamically flex to customer needs and changes.
• Assist with strike of event, ensuring correct equipment handling and storage.
• Participate in post-event feedback discussions.
A day in the life
An Event Support Engineer's role is to operate production equipment, or oversee events with outside vendor support, during live events in Amazon's on campus large production venues. The Event Support Engineer will work alongside Producers, peers and customers to deliver high quality event experiences. This work will encompass all stages of the event process including pre-production planning, setup, execution, and strike/restore of event spaces.
About the team
The Event Production team provides high touch, high quality event production support to internal Amazon customers. ITS Event Productions Large Production Venue team consists of engineers and system engineers who work daily with the installed production equipment, helping to plan and execute each event within the space. The Event Production team culture is built around providing the highest possible quality customer support during each event, and works to customize each event to provide the maximum results and satisfaction for each customer.
• 3+ years experience in event production.
• Strong understanding of live video production and video control systems, signal flow, console configuration, operation, and troubleshooting.
• Familiarity with Ross video switchers and control software, Crestron matrix switch routing.
• Focused, organized and effective in stressful environments.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to adjust work schedule to business needs.
• Positive, team-minded and ‘can do’ attitude, willing to jump in anywhere when needed.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and move quickly between locations.
• 2-4 year degree in A/V, technical theater or related field, or equivalent experience, with a focus on video production and video control systems.
• Recent experience and deep knowledge of Ross video systems and equipment, troubleshooting and problem solving.
• Experience with video conferencing/broadcast/livestream equipment, video switching and signal flow principles.
• Familiarity with presentation and playback equipment and software (Microsoft PowerPoint, Apple Keynote, QLab).
• Adaptive, flexible, resourceful and quick to take initiative.
• Prioritization while multi-tasking under pressure and within short time constraints.
• Capable of staying on task when alone, but also interface well with customers, vendors, and team members.
• Familiarity with MS Office Suite
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Web Services Jobs