Amazon Web Services Event Mobile App Program Manager in Seattle, Washington
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an Program Manager to manage highly visible event components of the AWS Events program. This role owns the strategy and execution of our mobile application deployment to various global events, and the business relationship with the stakeholders responsible for the content at our on-site AWS events. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role on the AWS Global Event Operations Team.
In this role you will plan and execute single-day or multi day events through the mobile app in the United States, Europe, and Asia. Your responsibility as the mobile app’s Event Program manager will include developing a process for intaking content, managing user acceptance testing, and collaborating with AWS Marketing stakeholders across the globe.
You will team with global event owners to define the deliverables of their mobile app deployment, manage their timeline, and status to event operations management to ensure all stakeholders are aligned and are working together to deliver a high-quality on-site mobile experience to our event attendees. You will also utilize exceptional communication skills to take part in leadership reviews and post event debriefs.
The ideal candidate has 5+ years of experience working in event marketing, preferably on technology user conferences. This highly motivated and extremely organized candidate must have experience managing complex projects, managing concurrent projects, exceptional communication skills and the experience to manage multiple global stakeholders. They will utilize their attention to detail, experience in program and project management, and excellent written communication skills to ensure high quality results.
This role is open to seating at any US-based AWS corporate office. Relocation assistance to one of these locations from within the US only.
Key job responsibilities
Partner with event and content owners to manage their mobile app schedule
Project manage all components of providing the mobile app experience for on-site events
Manage tools that enable mobile app operations management
Support creative asset creation for on-site events
Travel for pre-event site visits and on-site event support: Up to 25%
· 5+ years' experience in event management and event marketing
· A career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility and proven success delivering measurable marketing results
· Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or relevant field of study OR additional 4+ years' experience in event management and event marketing
· Experience working on large scale (2k+ attendee) events.
· Experience in marketing B2B technology products or services strongly preferred.
· Ability to manage time and deliver on multiple priorities to execute high quality deliverables on time.
· Skilled negotiator with proven experience finding creative ways to do more with less, and a track record of staying on budget.
· Demonstrable history of defining event strategy and executional excellence
· Strategic thinker who can take broad visions and concepts and develop structured plans, actions and measurable metrics and then execute on those plans
· Decisive, action-oriented, and able to motivate, inspire, and lead cross-functional teams in different geographies and business units
· A strong leader and excellent communicator who can drive consensus and articulate recommendations and tradeoffs to senior executives
· Ambitious self-starter with demonstrated ability and willingness to roll up sleeves and execute to get the job done
· Experience working in a fast-paced and highly cross-functional organization.
· Proven knowledge of industry tools, such as Salesforce, Tableau, Marketo, Cvent, EventPoint, and FreshDesk, etc.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Web Services Jobs