City of Seattle Electrical Inspector, Journey (funded through 12/2018) in Seattle, Washington
The Seattle Department of Construction and Inspections (SDCI), is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Electrical Inspector, Journey. The Electrical Inspection group is a professional and hard working team that inspects a wide range of electrical construction on residential, commercial, and industrial projects. This position is currently funded through December 2018.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Inspecting residential, commercial, and industrial electrical installations to assure compliance with City of Seattle, State, and National codes & regulations;
- Operating electrical testing equipment to conduct functional tests of equipment systems;
- Writing reports on all inspections;
- Performing plan reviews as needed
- Providing expert advice to architects, engineers, contractors and property owners regarding permits & plan specifications.
You will be prepared to take on this role if you have demonstrated and can: **
- Meet with owners, contractors, and design professionals to advise, suggest alternatives, and interpret the electrical code.
- Provide good customer service
- Complete technical reports on a laptop computer and maintain job and time records.
- Function productively in a fast pace environment and demonstrate experience as a team member coordinating daily activities or assignments. Qualifications
Minimum Qualifications: In addition to the requirements for the Electrical Inspector (Entry) level, the work of this class requires a minimum of two additional years experience equivalent to an Electrical Inspector (Entry). Certification as an Electrical Inspector may reduce the required experience should management determine that the certified individual is fully prepared to assume journey level inspection responsibilities with less than the usual two years experience. (Any other combination of equivalent education, training and experience providing the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered.
State of Washington Journey Electrician Certificate and current Washington Driver's License with a good driving record.
- Professional demeanor in controversial and difficult situations.
- Ability to explain technical, complex information.
- Ability to prioritize and manage several tasks simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Experience using computer software; for example, word processing, database software, and labor collection software.
- Experience in code enforcement or related programs.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Able to work well with the public and demonstrates good problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated good attendance, conflict resolution, and negotiation skills.
A working test will be scheduled as a part of the screening and selection process.
Job offers are contingent on the verification of credentials and other information required by the employment process including a pre-employment physical, a driving abstract, and a background check of conviction and arrest records in compliance with Seattle's Fair Chance Employment Ordinance, SMC 14.17. Applicants will be provided an opportunity to explain or correct background information. Additional Information
The Seattle Department of Construction and Inspections is a proud participant in the Race and Social Justice Initiative, a citywide effort to realize the vision of racial equity.
We require a strong commitment to customer service and a demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures. _**The City of Seattle values diverse perspectives and life experiences; people of color, women, LGBTQ, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.**_
Salary: $39.73 - $46.23 Hourly
Location: Seattle, WA
Job Type: Classified Civil Service, Regular, Full-Time
Department: Department of Construction and Inspections (formerly DPD)
Job Number: 2018-00416
Closing: 3/27/2018 4:00 PM Pacific
Agency: City of Seattle
Address: Seattle Municipal Tower 700 5th Avenue, Suite 5500 Seattle, Washington, 98104