Amazon Electrical BIM Designer , DC Design Engineering in Seattle, Washington
Are you an experienced Electrical Designer with a passion for BIM? Are you a creative, smart and driven
individual that enjoys working with complex projects within a team environment? If this is you, we want
YOU on our team!
You will be a part of highly creative and efficient MEP BIM team, tasked with designing challenging and
complex projects with innovative solutions for Amazon owned Data Center facilities. You will provide
support to our Central Engineering Team through the preparation of Electrical BIM models, construction
documents and leveraging BIM data. You will influence Data Center design documents for: One-lines,
Switchgear, UPS, Panelboards, Transformers, Power, Lighting, Lighting Control Systems, grounding, Fire
Alarm systems, Short Circuit and Arc Flash analysis, Cable tray and Cable pathways for Ethernet and
Fiber systems. You will produce, maintain and publish permit Electrical Engineering drawing sets for our
fleet of Data Centers.
Amazon’s Data Centers are industry leading examples of innovation in the areas of space utilization,
energy efficiency, and cost effectiveness. We are known for our speed to market and reliability. We are
part of the US team responsible for the design and operation of critical industry leading Data Center
facilities throughout North & South America. Our Design Team is on the forefront of creating and
delivering the most innovative products to our customers; and are known for being a diverse and upbeat
team that is changing the face of Cloud Computing. We continue to grow and are looking for individuals
that can support our speed to market, enjoy a challenge, and have a desire for professional growth and
continuous learning. Amazon’s work environment is unique in every aspect and offers an exceptional
opportunity for the right candidate. At Amazon we do highly support continued learning opportunities
and focus on continued employee development.
Key job responsibilities
Daily responsibilities will include designing the electrical systems of Data Centers, and utilizing Revit to create and maintain BIM models. You must be able to work independently and work within a team environment to accomplish assigned tasks. This includes working with internal groups as well as external suppliers and consultants, manufacturers, vendors, and contractors. Your duties will include:
• Be self-motivated and work within the MEP group as well as within other teams.
• Perform electrical engineering calculations and studies such as short circuit, arc flash analysis, voltage drop, raceway and conductor sizing, and grounding system conductor sizing.
• Preparing and developing detailed Revit models of electrical building systems.
• Developing & publishing construction documentation for electrical building systems designs in a fast-paced environment to meet scheduled deliverables.
• Updating and modifying existing models, studies and construction documents as required.
• Assist with creating and maintaining standard regional BIM templates.
• Participate in design coordination meetings with other trades for clash detection and resolution.
• Work on concurrent projects in multiple geographical locations.
• Assist the project team with information exchange processes between internal and external customers.
• Provide coordination support for information requests during construction phases.
• Recording and reporting of key metrics to management.
• Travel to Data Center sites for engineering evaluations and surveys as required. On average once or twice a year.
• Be positive and always offer creative, out of the box solutions.
• Have fun and work hard!
A day in the life
As a designer, you will collaborate across disciplines and teams to refine data center designs. Your work includes creating detailed models, drawings, specification, prototypes, and updating managers and leaders of changes to the building design. You engage in design discussions, review feedback from peers and collaborators, and adjust designs to ensure our data center solutions meet the highest standards of efficiency and quality.
About the team
Within the AWS Data Center Community, the Date Center Design Engineering team is a dynamic and collaborative group of engineers and designers dedicated to revolutionizing data center infrastructure. We pride ourselves on our expertise in designing, building, and optimizing cutting-edge data center solutions. Together, we strive for highest level of quality, efficiency, reliability, and sustainability in data center operations.
We foster an environment of inclusion, innovation, and excellence.. Team members continuously push the boundaries of what's possible in data center design and engineering. Joining our team means becoming a vital part AWS's mission to evolve the future of data center technology. If you are passionate about data center engineering, and want to make a meaningful impact in this critical field, we invite you to be part of our exciting journey.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Austin, TX, USA | Columbus, OH, USA | Herndon, VA, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
• 5+ years of design/engineering experience of Electrical building systems.
• 4+ years’ experience using Revit for producing Electrical engineering BIM models and Design drawings.
• Practical knowledge and understanding of electrical codes (NEC).
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
• Experience directly related to Data Center design and construction.
• Experience and knowledge applying Lean principles to design modeling and drawing production.
• Experience with developing Revit Family content.
• Use of the following software tools: Navisworks, Bluebeam, Dynamo, RF Tools, CTC Tools and Procore.
• Familiar with ETAP or SKM electrical modeling software.
• Familiarity with the BIMForum LOD Specification, plus AIA and NBIMS standards and best practices for BIM collaboration.
• Experience observing construction, familiar with construction technology, familiar with construction practices.
• Experience driving a team to implement new BIM tools, procedures, best practices.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon’s Leadership Principles requirements for this role.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon’s Functional/Technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $93,500/year in our lowest geographic market up to $185,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.
- Amazon Jobs