Washington State DSHS Secretary Senior in Seattle, Washington
Come join a new state agency to better serve at-risk children and youth, Department of Children, Youth and Families (DCYF). We're looking for professionals to join our team now, and make a difference in the lives of youth and their families.
Are you organized, work well independently and can prioritize work to meet deadlines? Are you proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs? We need your secretarial experience at Children's Administration, Division of Children and Family Services office in Seattle (Harrison Street), to assist our efforts to support families and communities in keeping children safe.
Some of what you'll do
- Perform complex secretarial projects and assignments
- Establish and revise electronic or manual record keeping systems
- Organize, prepare, verify and process fiscal documents
- Draft correspondence; compile reports
- Review and evaluate forms or information requests
- Complete referral log entries
- Open and close case files in Famlink
- Develop and implement work unit statistical case tracking
- Complete redacting and scanning for discovery process
- Review and research file documentation to resolve customer related complaints and questions
- Request forms, office supplies, state vehicle and office equipment maintenance
- Maintain electronic files and/or log systems for data bases
- Answer telephones; assist visitors What we're looking for High School diploma or GED. And Two years of increasingly responsible office experience requiring keyboarding or typing.
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are desired:
- Experience using word processing, spreadsheet, e-mail, and calendar software such as Microsoft Office
- Experience navigating the internet to find and download information that is relevant to complete the duties of this job
- Ability to effectively communicate in a high stress environment with management, peers, clients and the public
- Ability to navigate current data management information systems, i.e. FamLink
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job
Questions? Please contact Shawn Dubler and reference 04945. Supplemental Information
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any area of employment, its programs or services on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Salary: $2,425.00 - $3,123.00 Monthly
Location: King County - Seattle - West Seattle, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Job Number: 2018-04945
Closing: 5/23/2018 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact