King County Washington Deputy Recorder in Seattle, Washington
THIS RECRUITMENT IS FOR FOUR POSITIONS:
- Two (2) Career Service (Permanent Opportunities)
- Two (2) Term Limited Temporary or Special Duty Assignments (Up to six months with a possibility of extension, full benefits)
The Records and Licensing Services Division is seeking four individuals who are passionate about customer service and eager to work as part of a dynamic, fast-paced, strong team environment. These Deputy Recorder (Customer Service Specialist 3)positions will provide you with the opportunity to showcase your organizational and customer service skills.
Scope of Job Duties:To be considered for this opportunity, you must at a minimum demonstrate skill and ability to:
- Processmarriage license application data;
- Support staff in fulfilling the Recorder’s Office vision of "courteous and timely issuance and recording of marriage documents";
- Assistin administrative duties including: Filing, sending letters, and making copies;
- Problem solve with limited guidance and have a sense of urgency in situations that require a quick turnaround while providing exceptional customer service to all stakeholders in person and on the phone;
- Accurate and Responsiblecash handling skills;
- Contribute to the Recorder’s Office team by bringing your innovative ideas and "can do" attitude!
You would be great for this role if you:
- Are* comfortable* with a fast pace, change and continuous improvement in your daily work;
- H*ave a High Proficiency*in adapting to new software systems;
- Can* coordinate* a high volume of diverse assignments and multiple competing priorities with a strong attention to detail and follow up;
- Have* excellent* communication and customer service skills in order to successfully communicate with a wide audience in varied communication settings;
- Patience and adaptability in handling heavy workloads.
- This position is represented by Teamsters Local 117- Administrative employees, and first consideration will be given to those employees.
- The work week is 40 hours per week and normal working hours are from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. This position is covered by the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act and is overtime eligible and may require working overtime.
- By contract, this position will participate in the Western Conference of Teamsters Pension Trust (WCTPT) contributions. .50 cents per hour will be deducted from members’ hourly rate as reflected in this posting.
- You must be willing and able to work full-time on site at the King County Administration Building, Seattle, WA. Are you ready to APPLY?
*King County is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and we encourage people of color, women, veterans and people with disabilities to apply. *
These positions are open to all applicants. A King County application is required, and we highly recommend a letter of interest.
If you have any questions, please contact Megan Rulien at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-263-8150. Supplemental Information
Forbes recently named King County as one of Washington State's best employers.
Together, with leadership and our employees, we're changing the way government delivers service and winning national recognition as a model of excellence. Are you ready to make a difference? Come join the team dedicated to serving one of the nation's best places to live, work and play.
Guided by our "True North", we are making King County a welcoming community where every person can thrive. We value diversity, inclusion and belonging in our workplace and workforce. To reach this goal we are committed to workforce equity. Equitable recruiting, support, and retention is how we will obtain the highest quality workforce in our region; a workforce that shares and will help advance our guiding principles--we are one team; we solve problems; we focus on the customer; we drive for results; we are racially just; we respect all people; we lead the way; and we are responsible stewards. We encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply, including Native American and people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ+, people living with disabilities, and veterans.
King County is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer No person is unlawfully excluded from employment opportunities based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other protected class. Our EEO policy applies to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, selection for training, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
To Apply If you are interested in pursuing this position, please follow the application instructions carefully. If you need this announcement in an alternate language or format, would like to request accommodation or assistance in the application or assessment process or if you have questions please contact your recruiter listed on this job announcement.
Salary: $24.28 - $30.91 Hourly
Location: Seattle, WA
Job Type: Multiple job types-career service and/or temp
Department: DES - Executive Services
Job Number: 2020MR12131
Division: RALS - Records & Licensing Svc
Closing: 9/29/2020 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: King County
Address: King County Administration Bldg. 500 4th Ave. Rm. 553 Seattle, Washington, 98104