Amazon Web Services DataCenter Structural Engineer in Seattle, Washington
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a Data Center Structural Engineer to join its design team in Seattle, Washington.
AWS designs, builds, and operates Data Centers (DC) around the world and is a leader in worldwide cloud-computing infrastructure.
Engineers in AWS work to design resilient, cost effective DC facilities. Our team is responsible for achieving a world class uptime for our customers and drive to develop a fleet of buildings emphasizing security, safety, efficiency, and cost effectiveness, while finding new ways to meet AWS’s growing demand.
As a DC Structural Engineer at AWS, you will be part of the design team for Amazon DCs in our Americas Region and impact other projects around the world. As a Structural Engineer at AWS you will be part of a highly creative and efficient design team comprised of Architects, Engineers and Designers tasked with solving problems and challenging the status quo. As a subject matter expert, you will have a direct impact on the design of prototypical DC facilities, provide technical guidance to team members, review milestone drawings by consultants, solve large scale implementation issues, and be responsible for structural design requirements.
· ABET accredited Bachelor’s degree in civil or structural engineering.
· Professional Engineering license.
· 10 years of experience in structural design for industrial or commercial projects.
· Master’s degree in civil or structural engineering.
· Proficiency in building codes, regulations, and standard including IBC and ASCE.
· Plan for achieving Structural Engineering license within the coming 12 months.
· Experience with the design, construction, operation, or maintenance of DCs.
· Solid working proficiency with AutoCAD, Revit, Bluebeam, and MS Office Suite.
· Detailed understanding of tilt-up and precast concrete structures, structural steel systems, seismic design, wind loading, snow loading, and forensic analysis of building design and construction defects.
· Evaluate value engineering for building super structure.
· Experience in design and calculation for auxiliary framing systems used to support cable tray, conduit, ductwork, etc.
· Ability to evaluate the constructability of new technologies, and determine construction methods of data center equipment and facilities.
· Perform and present business case analysis.
· Motivated, dependable and capable of working with limited oversight.
· Ability and willingness to think outside of the box to find innovative solutions prior to and during the construction process to reduce costs without negative impacts on quality or reliability.
Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, maintain high quality standards.
· Ability to effectively communicate design standards to internal and external project partners.
· Basic understanding of large scale mechanical and electrical system components and designs.
· Ability to manage multiple fast paced projects simultaneously.
· Ability to travel internationally
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Web Services Jobs