Amazon Web Services Data Scientist in Seattle, Washington
Amazon Web Services is continually striving to innovate and provide best in class service, and aims to take how we develop and deliver technology through Amazon’s IT organization to a new level. We are looking for a Data Scientist to help understand user behavior and how Amazonians interact with Amazon IT systems worldwide to proactively ensure Amazonians have the tools, technologies, and products available where and when they need them.
As a leader in this role, you will work closely with scientists and engineers to develop and run statistical models and produce modeling solutions. You will partner with engineers to build end-to-end data pipelines and production code, and have exposure to senior leadership as we communicate results and provide scientific guidance to the business. You will have the full AWS stack at your disposal and will analyze large amounts of business data, automate and scale the analysis, and develop metrics that will enable us to continually delight Amazonians worldwide.
As a successful data scientist, you are an analytical problem solver who enjoys diving into data, is excited about investigations and algorithms, can multi-task, and can credibly interface between technical teams and business stakeholders. Your analytical abilities, business understanding, and technical savvy will be used to identify specific and actionable opportunities to solve existing business problems and look around corners for future opportunities.
· Build models and tools using technical knowledge in machine learning, statistical modeling, probability and decision theory, and other quantitative techniques.
· Understand the business reality behind large sets of data and develop meaningful analytic solutions.
· Innovate by adapting to new modeling techniques and procedures.
· Utilize code (Python, R, SQL etc.) for analyzing data and building statistical models to solve specific business problems.
· Improve upon existing methodologies by developing new data sources, testing model enhancements, and fine-tuning model parameters.
· Collaborate with researchers, software developers, and business leaders to define product requirements and provide analytical support.
· Communicate verbally and in writing to business customers and leadership team with various levels of technical knowledge, educating them about our systems, as well as sharing insights and recommendations
Inclusive Team Culture
At AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· Proven demonstrable expertise in a range of data science methodologies.
· Master of Science + 2 yrs experience or Bachelor of Science + 5 yrs experience.
· Masters of Business Administration (MBA) and/or strong relevant experience
· Experience in Customer Service, Operations, and/or Business Process Optimization experience
· Experience with content management systems, database services technologies.
· Entrepreneurial, energetic self-starter who can navigate through amorphous environments and work independently when required
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Web Services Jobs