University of Washington Data Analyst in Seattle, Washington
Req #: 186257
Department: School of Dentistry
Appointing Department Web Address: https://dental.washington.edu/
Posting Date: 01/13/2021
Open Until Filled
Salary: Pay rate is competitive. Commensurate Upon Qualifications and Experience.
Open to UW Employees only
Shift: First Shift
The University of Washington (UW) is proud to be one of the nation’s premier educational and research institutions. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education, research, and community service. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty.
School of Dentistry currently has an outstanding opportunity for a Part Time Temporary Data Analyst.
The Timothy A. DeRouen Center for Global Oral Health was established in 2017 within the University of Washington’s School of Dentistry. Our mission is to improve quality of life by promoting collaboration and inclusivity in oral and craniofacial research that impacts global health. The DeRouen Center carries out its mission through a range of projects within different areas of the world and from this research has developed 3 databases in: Peru, Kenya and Seattle.
• Limited term appointment will assist in design and management of research databases as well as conducting data analysis of ongoing projects. This limited term appointment will be critical at expediting manuscript publication and NIH grant submissions. This position will be 12 hours per week with the potential to flex between 12 and 18 hours. Weekend and evening work sometimes required.
The Timothy A. DeRouen Center for Global Oral Health is committed to advancing oral and craniofacial research. This requires creativity and innovation, which is cultivated by an inclusive, diverse, and equitable environment that respects and appreciates differences, embraces collaboration, and invites the voices of all DeRouen Center team members. Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, the University of Washington will honor your experiences, perspectives, and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable, and welcoming. Thus, we are committed to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Director of the Timothy A. DeRouen Center for Global Oral Health
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist with data analysis of our current research database. • Under administrative direction, independently develop technical work methods in production of projects and analyses of research data. • Determine the development, design, implementation, maintenance and modification of complex research projects involving data collection and manipulation, analytical modeling, computer application and reporting systems. • Assist on grant application. • Assist on manuscript publication. • Other duties, as assigned by the Director of the Timothy A. DeRouen Center for Global Oral Health
• At least two years of hands-on experience working in public health (internships can be included). Individual must possess strong multi-tasking and exceptional organizational skills. • Master in Epidemiology or Biostatistics or equivalent combination of education and experience • Comfortable working within and across diverse cultures; displays effective resource management, team-orientation, collaborative style and outlook, highly credible - earns trust and respect. • Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. • Familiarity with databases and data analysis software (RedCap, R, STATA or equivalent)
• Proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Outlook, Canvas, Zoom, statistical software (such as R, STATA, or equivalent). • Comfortable operating in online platforms and with new software. • Excellent written and spoken communications skills. • Excellent analytic skills and attention to detail, including numerical data. • High level of accountability - drives for results, displays a sense of ownership, and is passionate about attaining goals and surpassing expectations. • Proactive problem solver - melds analytic reasoning with practical knowledge. • Ability to meet deadlines. • Willingness to learn and follow through with a variety of projects. • Enthusiasm, tact, and diplomacy. Ability to self-manage, multi-task, and prioritize.
The application process for UW positions may include completion of a variety of online assessments to obtain additional information that will be used in the evaluation process. These assessments may include Work Authorization, Cover Letter, and/or others. Any assessments that you need to complete will appear on your screen as soon as you select “Apply to this position”. Once you begin an assessment, it must be completed at that time; if you do not complete the assessment you will be prompted to do so the next time you access your “My Jobs” page. If you select to take it later, it will appear on your "My Jobs" page to take when you are ready. Please note that your application will not be reviewed, and you will not be considered for this position until all required assessments have been completed.
University of Washington is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
University of Washington
- University of Washington Jobs