TEKsystems Continuous Testing Practice Archtiect in Seattle, Washington
TEKsystems Global Services® is part of TEKsystems, the leading IT services and staffing company in North America. TEKsystems Global Services provides a continuum of services ranging from engagement management to full outsourcing for applications, infrastructure and learning solutions. As a services provider, we leverage our talent management strengths to extend the business value of our client partnerships and deliver measurable business and IT outcomes.
TEKsystems Global Services is a fast-paced, growing organization with a dynamic and diverse work environment. Our strong culture is embodied by our core values - relationships, commitment, serving others and open communication. Our values guide our hiring decisions and shape how we make a meaningful impact in the IT market.
· Lead continuous delivery engagements
· Provide in depth practice and team thought leadership to define business and technical strategies, architectures, practices and tools to optimize software delivery responsiveness, speed, consistency and quality
· Facilitate collaboration and drive consensus decisions on vision, goals and success criteria with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all organizational levels
· Become a trusted advisor for technical and non-technical stakeholders at all organizational levels
· Interface with the cross functional (application, operations, QA, data) teams to assist in determining the most efficient and effective method of automating the software delivery lifecycle
· Understand continuous delivery and its impact on business outcomes holistically
· Evaluate efficiency of software delivery process and practices related to continuous delivery
· Define and document architectural recommendations for version control, automated build, continuous integration, test automation, infrastructure automation, monitoring and other software delivery lifecycle processes and tools based on business goals
· Provide operational process and practice recommendations for implementing continuous delivery
· Proactively research, test and understand tools, frameworks and concepts that can add value to a continuous delivery ecosystem
· Provide guidance/recommendations to team members and stakeholders. Conducts internal (TEKsystems) and external (client) presentations
· Lead both pre-sales and product delivery teams
· Develop and documents solution alternatives to meet business needs and considers the costs and risks associated with each alternative. Prototypes and discusses solutions and options, if required.
Skills and Qualifications
· 10+ years of experience designing and building sophisticated and highly automated end-to-end software delivery processes.
· Must have demonstrated track record of taking manually built / deployed applications and transforming to a process that is standardized, automated, repeatable, traceable and transparent
· 5+ years of experiences in an environment that required direct customer facing communication
· Ability to understand and articulate the benefits of continuous delivery from a business perspective to technical and non-technical stakeholders
· Understands full stack (Infrastructure, applications, DB, middleware, networking) involved in a software delivery pipeline
· Hands on experience with at two or more programming or scripting languages such as C#, Java, Python, Groovy, Ruby, Shell
· Deep understanding of concurrent software development, its effect on build management and releasing the builds across versions and environments
· Deep understanding and experience with continuous integration, build and source management strategies (e.g. branching patterns) and tools such as Git, Jenkins and Circle CI including configuration, deployment and orchestration patterns
· Deep understanding of modern software delivery processes, tools and frameworks including lightweight Java application frameworks such as Spring Boot
· Knowledge of infrastructure automation tools and techniques
· Deep understanding of configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible and Salt including deployment strategies
· Knowledge of virtualization and containerization ecosystem and tools such as Docker, AWS AMI, Packer
· Deep understanding of the software delivery lifecycle (SDLC) with specific experience in agile and lean delivery practices and methodologies
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, with ability to work effectively across organizations
· Ability to quickly understand business and technical context in diverse client environments
· Desire and ability to continually independently learn and explore new tools and technologies
· Ability to provide leadership and influence outcomes in matrixed teams
Nice to Have Skills and Qualifications
· Understanding of networking (IP routing, VPNs, DNS, load balance, firewall) and security
· Understanding of emerging data center concepts and tools such as Mesos, Marathon, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Mesosphere, Amazon Container Services, Terraform, CloudFormation
· Understanding and experience in with public cloud services and deployment (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
· Understanding and experience in private cloud services and deployment like OpenStack
· Understanding of datacenter security automation concepts and tools such as Hashicorp Vault
· Understanding of Application Release Automation and Continuous Delivery tools
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
TEKsystems, Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
TEKsystems is a equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.