Avenue5 Residential, LLC Capital Project Manager | Property Management in Seattle, Washington
Who We Are and Who We Serve
Avenue5 Residential provides multifamily property management services as well as comfortable apartments for rent throughout the United States. We use our multifamily property expertise to serve:
· The multifamily owners who entrust us to care for their assets
· The residents who entrust us to care for their apartment homes
· The associates who entrust us to create opportunities for career growth and satisfaction
Summary of Responsibilities
The capital project manager is responsible for planning and evaluating capital project activities with input from the local vice president or regional manager within the region. The capital project manager is also responsible for all capital expenditure activities for a specified region. This position is responsible for managing overall project direction and execution.
Primary Responsibilities and Objectives
· Define scope and track progress for small to large scale capital projects.
· Procure local general contractors, subcontractors, suppliers for the bidding and execution of work.
· Interface with designers, architects and contractors directly on behalf of Avenue5 and clients.
· Submit draw requests to clients for approval.
· Assume capital stack of $5M -$7M over the first 24 months in position. 70% will be large scale capital projects and balance is smaller scale.
· Conduct regular meetings with stakeholders to report project progress.
· Sign off on projects delivering the highest standards of workmanship while ensuring adherence to original plans and specifications.
· Ensure all permits are closed out, lien-releases obtained, and warranties are valid.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree is preferred with preference given to those with a master’s degree.
· Five plus years of experience in multi-family is required.
· Five plus years in construction, development, engineering or project management is required.
· Five plus years of direct capital project management experience is required.
· Five plus year of experience in managing large scale capital projects in multiple states.
Skills and Requirements
· Understands AIA requirements.
· Strong understanding of construction processes and practices.
· Strong negotiation skills.
· Ability to read, write, understand, and communicate in English.
· Ability to use a personal computer and with working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
· Strong organizational and time-management skills.
· Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to set goals and consistently meet deadlines.
· Ability to understand financial statements, such as profit and loss statements, general ledgers, and budgets, etc.
· Ability to use standard maintenance tools and equipment in a training capacity.
· Ability to perform intermediate mathematical and accounting calculations.
· Knowledge of federal fair housing laws and any applicable local housing provisions.
· Ability to multi-task and make quick, effective decisions.
· Ability to analyze and resolve problems.
· Ability to cope with and defuse situations involving angry or difficult people.
· Ability to maintain flexibility and creativity in a variety of situations.
· Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality.
· Ability to comply with all safety regulations.
· Ability to be reachable at all times via phone except during approved time off.
· Ability to drive an automobile and maintain a current driver’s license and automobile insurance.
· Required to observe company dress code policy.
· Other license and/or certifications as required by state law.
· Required to maintain a regular schedule which may require working outside business hours, weekends and non-traditional holidays.
· Ability to travel (minimum of 25%).
· Exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions (temperatures may vary depending on the weather in the different regions).
· Exposure to noise, vibrations, atmospheric conditions, as well as working in confined or restricted spaces.
· Potential exposure to communicable diseases through frequent contact with public.
· Possible exposure to short-tempered or aggressive people.
· Potential exposure to chemicals, electrical shock, heights, mechanical parts or machines, and fire.
· Frequent exposure to airports, airplanes, rental cars, hotels, etc.
Avenue5 will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. These functions include, but are not limited to:
· Ability to lift, push and pull up to 100 pounds.
· Ability to walk around the property several times daily, up to 10 miles a day.
· Ability to walk on uneven surfaces.
· Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency required.
· Must be able to sit, stand, reach, bend and stoop for extended periods of time.
· Talking and expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to others accurately, loudly, or quickly.
· Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
· Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
· Visual requirements including color, depth perception, and field vision.
· Ability to compare, copy, coordinate, synthesize, negotiate, communicate, and instruct.
· Ability to tolerate stressful situations.
· Ability to work under minimal to moderate supervision.
This job description is not an all-inclusive list of functions and tasks. Over the length of employment these functions and tasks may change.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Avenue5 is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.