Avenue5 Residential, LLC Business Support Specialist in Seattle, Washington
Who We Are and Who We Serve
Avenue5 Residential provides multifamily property management services as well as comfortable apartments for rent throughout the United States.
We use our multifamily property expertise to serve:
· The multifamily owners who entrust us to care for their assets
· The residents who entrust us to care for their apartment homes
· The associates who entrust us to create opportunities for career growth and satisfaction
Summary of Responsibilities
The business support specialist provides a wide scope and level of logistical, business process, data and file management, meeting preparation, communication management, project management, and other business support. In addition, this role also assists with property due diligence efforts, financial auditing and market research data collection. The business support specialist is also responsible for a variety of standard administrative support functions.
Primary Responsibilities and Objectives
· Assist with the review and editing of weekly operations reporting and monthly property financial reporting packages.
· Organize a variety of on-site and off-site meeting for leadership, property owners and property leadership.
· Audit bonus data each pay period to ensure accuracy and timely processing.
· Process bill-back charges to individual regional properties.
· Research rental registration and inspection ordinances in a variety of jurisdictions and summarize findings.
· Distribute and track receipt of policies and procedures documentation to regional managers and clients.
· Analyze financial statements for new business to identify anomalies and perform basic financial calculations.
· Review, edit, and validate property competitive market data to ensure accuracy and report the data to key stakeholders.
· Develop market trend analysis quarterly including regional construction pipeline data.
· Assist with SWOT analysis and shopping market competitors as needed.
· On-site support for due diligence file audits, unit by unit inspections, and multi-family tax exemption audits.
· Facilitate RFP responses including assigning and gathering key components from other internal resources and creating supporting collateral.
· Assist with managing calendars for regional managers and vice president, in addition manage the travel itinerary and expense reporting for vice president.
· Support the new or existing property due diligence process. May also lead due diligence efforts in region when no regional or integrations manager is assigned.
· Coordinate regional managers agenda bi-weekly and prioritize key statistics weekly for regional manager and vice president.
· Participate in special projects as requested.
Education and Experience
· High School diploma is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
· Three or more years of experience in property management is preferred.
· Three or more years of experience in a professional, office environment required.
· One to three years of experience with Yardi is preferred.
· One to three years of experience in Rentyltics is preferred.
· One to three years of experience in Yieldstar is preferred.
· One to three years of experience in LRO is preferred.
· One to three years of experience in Salesforce.com preferred.
· One to three years of experience in CRM is preferred
Skills and Requirements
· Advanced level knowledge with Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills (including pivot tables, Macros and Excel functions); expert level certification preferred.
· Strong interpersonal skills to effectively and sensitively communicate with all levels of management.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Sensitivity to confidential matters is required.
· Ability to understand financial statements, such as profit and loss statements, general ledgers, and budgets, etc.
· Attention to detail and highly organized.
· Strong communication skills.
· Ability to obtain a DocuSign license within first 30 days of employment.
· Required to complete and successfully pass the Avenue5 Fair Housing, Diversity and Inclusion Training within the first 30 days of employment.
· Typically Monday-Friday 8am – 5pm
· Ability to travel (10%).
· Exposure to environment typically found in an office building.
· Exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions (temperatures may vary depending on the weather in the different regions).
· Exposure to noise, vibrations, atmospheric conditions, as well as working in confined or restricted spaces.
· Potential exposure to communicable diseases through frequent contact with public.
· Potential exposure to chemicals, electrical shock, heights, mechanical parts or machines, and fire.
· Frequent exposure to airports, airplanes, rental cars, hotels, etc.
Avenue5 will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. These functions include, but are not limited to:
· Ability to lift, push and pull up to 25 pounds.
· Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency required.
· Must be able to sit, stand, reach, bend and stoop for extended periods of time.
· Talking and expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
· Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
· Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
· Visual requirements including color, depth perception, and field vision.
· Ability to compare, copy, coordinate, synthesize, negotiate, communicate, and instruct.
· Ability to tolerate stressful situations.
· Ability to work under minimal to moderate supervision.
· Exposure to airports, airplanes, rental cars, hotels, etc.
This job description is not an all-inclusive list of functions and tasks. Over the length of employment these functions and tasks may change.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Avenue5 is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.