Hilton Breakfast Attendant - Embassy Suites by Hilton Seattle Downtown Pioneer Square in Seattle, Washington
Make Future History with us at the brand new Embassy Suites by Hilton Seattle Downtown - Pioneer Square!
This position is perfect for someone who loves working early mornings, enjoys a fast-paced environment and thrives on providing outstanding guest service.
Friendly, outgoing demeanor and a "can do!" attitude required!
As a Hilton Team Member, you are eligible for:
- Travel Program with 30 room nights per year for you plus 30 for your friends/family
- Paid Time Off programs
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Education Assistance
- More great perks!
What will I be doing?
A Breakfast Attendant is responsible for stocking food and service ware for breakfast buffets for clearing tables during the complimentary breakfast period to insure guest satisfaction. Specifically, you would be responsible for the following:
- Prepare foods such as cut fruit, coffee, juices, cereals, breads, etc.; replenish food on cold lines and buffets as needed and inspect display tables; .
- Observe and ask guests about their needs and levels of satisfaction with the food or service; describe and/or answer questions for guests about menu items, the buffet, daily specials, etc.; talk with guests in order to create a friendly atmosphere and respond to their questions about attractions or other information in the area.
- Stock coffee, juice, milk machines, dry items, china, glass, silver, etc; set out chafing dishes, steam tables, heat lamps, signs and easels, flowers, newspapers, and self-serve utensils
- Bus, clear and clean tables as they become available; wash utensils, china, etc; clean up spills; remove trash; replenish guest tables and self-service stations as needed
- Clean work areas and floors (sweep, mop or vacuum) for appearance and safety
What are we looking for?
- Previous experience in food and beverage is preferred
- Must have open availability to work AM shifts (as early as 4-4:30am start time) on varying days, including weekends and holidays
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Must obtain any government required licenses or certificates. Examples include a Washington Food Handler's Permit. CPR certification and/or 1st Aid Training preferred.
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to effectively communicate with guests and co-workers and to fully comprehend guest requests.
- Ability to recognize conditions that promote food contamination and take appropriate action; adhere to sanitation guidelines for handling food when both bussing and stocking.
- Ability to maintain perspective and composure in demanding business situations such as an irate guests, rush of business or being short-staffed.
- Ability to divide attention among several tasks going on at one time.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others to achieve group work goals.
- Ability to effectively deal with customer complaints and concerns in a friendly and positive manner. This involves listening to the nature of the concern, demonstrating empathy with the customer and providing positive and proactive solutions.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Bars and Restaurants
Title: Breakfast Attendant - Embassy Suites by Hilton Seattle Downtown Pioneer Square
Requisition ID: HOT05U9C