ANR Group Inc Mechanical Engineer (01894) in Richland, Washington
ANR Group Inc is accepting resumes for a Mechanical Engineer Located in Richland, WA.
This is a full-time Office/Project -- NO TELEWORK
DESCRIPTION OF WORK -- SPECIFIC
- Working as part of the Mechanical Systems team designing the fluid and gas systems in the WTP process facilities.
- Responsible for assisting with discipline work process execution in a technically adequate manner and in accordance with company, contract, and industry codes and standard.
- Preparing technical reports, studies, and design documentation, calculations using engineering software, and specifications for complex mechanical equipment for the waste treatment process and supporting systems.
- Solid experience in process system design and will be capable of developing design documents, including piping and instrument diagrams and equipment data sheets, that incorporate the applicable design and nuclear safety requirements. Interfacing and coordinating with other engineering disciplines and the client in the development of the design.
- The primary role of the Senior Mechanical Systems Engineer is to be part of the team designing the system and specifying the equipment to meet the applicable requirements.
- Providing direction to Designers and Technologists. Coordinates within the engineering group and other disciplines and groups in developing the detailed system design and equipment selection in a team environment.
- Resolve technical issues related to the discipline, including any required interface with other disciplines, groups, suppliers, and the customer.
- Support the associated safety analyses and hazards evaluations as well as ensure the work is performed to the high-quality standards for nuclear facilities in full compliance with the schedule.
Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- BS degree in Mechanical, Nuclear, or Chemical Engineering from an accredited university or college with 13 years of progressive related experience. Related experience includes, but is not limited to, experience in Piping and Instrument Diagram (P&ID) development fluid system design, hydraulic, heat transfer, and thermodynamic calculations, and equipment specification and design development for waste processing, nuclear, refinery, power, or chemical process facilities.
- Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen, physical (if located at the construction site), and background check which includes verification of employment and education.
- Must be able to obtain a Department of Energy badge for access to the Hanford Site. (Even if teleworking, must still be able to comply with security requirements to obtain a badge)
- Must possess the right to work and remain in the United States without sponsorship.
- Experience in working with procedures meeting quality assurance programs such as ASME-NQA-1, MIL-Q-9858A, or ISO-9000.
- Knowledge of Bechtel corporate, industry and regulatory guides, codes, and standards.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Professional registration in Mechanical, Nuclear, or Chemical Engineering.
- Experience in fluid system design in a DOE or commercial nuclear facilities.
This is an active recruitment that may close at any time without notice. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.